Harley Stolen from Wounded Warrior from the Iraq War - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Stolen Motorcycles Post details of your stolen Motorcycle here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 06-04-2016, 1:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Harley Stolen from Wounded Warrior from the Iraq War

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikk View Post
This coming for the guy who rides the FZ1 who post on the site dedicated to Fire Blades?.
When you log in,
this is on the front page of this website.
Yamaha is included in "most other brands" that's been added to the site. (Harley is not one of them however.)
Attached Thumbnails
read.png‎  

Last edited by 1926; 06-04-2016 at 5:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 06-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 62

Garage

I know the cycle-therapy thing post-war myself. While 1926 is being a bit of a dick about it, he is pretty much spot-on at the same time... It is very unlikely that you will even find one piece of the bike at this point, which is unfortunate given the OP mentioned he is still paying on it and due to financial and credit issues he will not be able to get another. While my heart goes out to a fellow-veteran this was merely a "spam all sites" attempt as he never did post any updates and is probably never going to come back to this site (probably due to the absolute lack of Harley mention... again 1926 has a point)..

Anyway- my thoughts..... if you love it that much and it means that much to you- you will do everything you can to protect it from being stolen to begin with. My bike is in a locked shed in my backyard, which is fenced... and has a lock on the fence to boot... You would have to break into the yard, break into my shed, and roll it with the forks locked and a disk-lock about 500 feet out to the front yard =)
While possible, you are going to wake my German Shepard up... and he's going to wake me up... and I'm going to wake my 12ga. pump on someone.....

Edit- forgot to mention.... my bike also has an alarm on it..... good luck =)

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #18 of 23 Old 06-07-2016, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
While possible, you are going to wake my German Shepard up... and he's going to wake me up... and I'm going to wake my 12ga. pump on someone.....
Somehow, this picture came to mind....
Attached Thumbnails
mdqe8.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 Old 06-07-2016, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post

Anyway- my thoughts..... if you love it that much and it means that much to you- you will do everything you can to protect it from being stolen to begin with. My bike is in a locked shed in my backyard, which is fenced... and has a lock on the fence to boot... You would have to break into the yard, break into my shed, and roll it with the forks locked and a disk-lock about 500 feet out to the front yard =)

Edit- forgot to mention.... my bike also has an alarm on it..... good luck =)
My bike is secured in the same manner. It will be a bitch to get my bike. It's locked up in my shed, has an alarm disk lock, also chained to my track bike, in the shed there is a motion sensor that alarms inside my house if motion is detected, about 30 yards away from the shed is my locked driveway gate, and I have surveillance around my house that sends me instant picture messages if motion is detected. I'm thinking of getting an additional motion sensor to put in the shed that's linked to my ADT this way when I'm not home, if someone breaks in, the cops will be on their way immediately instead of me having to call in inform them of the break in.

Edit- forgot to mention also, my Mosberg 12G 500 will come out to play if they try that **** when I am home.
post #20 of 23 Old 06-07-2016, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 118

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
My bike is secured in the same manner. It will be a bitch to get my bike. It's locked up in my shed, has an alarm disk lock, also chained to my track bike, in the shed there is a motion sensor that alarms inside my house if motion is detected, about 30 yards away from the shed is my locked driveway gate, and I have surveillance around my house that sends me instant picture messages if motion is detected. I'm thinking of getting an additional motion sensor to put in the shed that's linked to my ADT this way when I'm not home, if someone breaks in, the cops will be on their way immediately instead of me having to call in inform them of the break in.

Edit- forgot to mention also, my Mosberg 12G 500 will come out to play if they try that **** when I am home.
Good luck with that. I hope ADT is better in NY than SoCal. I set off the in-laws ADT alarm system while watching their house while they were out of town. The phone rang, it was ADT, I told them I forgot the code. I was there for over an hour working on my RV, expecting the Sheriffs to show any minute, they never did. An alarm system is only as good as the low paid dropout monitoring it on the other end. If I was you I would trip it occasionally, don't answer the phone when they call, and see what, if anything, happens. Please understand, I'm not dissing you in any way, I just have no faith in alarm companies, not to mention when the police are called, I wonder how much priority is given to alarm calls at private residences. Again, I'm not dissing the police, I don't envy their job, I'm sure they have to deal with plenty of false alarms. Of course, maybe the false alarms are everyone else doing what I recommended, never mind.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #21 of 23 Old 06-07-2016, 1:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 118

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
Somehow, this picture came to mind....
Love the trash heap behind them, the grass appears to be mowed though, that confuses me. I'm pretty sue they're protecting a Panhead or Knucklehead that hasn't run in generations (that's +/- 12 years in their county) not a 'Blade. I'm not sure, is that a Redskins cap on that redneck? What is he saying, "Go 'Bama, Roll tide!" Get' em Skeeter!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 06-07-2016 at 1:09 PM.
post #22 of 23 Old 06-07-2016, 1:36 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Actually, the alarm response in my area is hot and cold. Sometime the alarm go off and the Alarm company does not call and sometime it go off and they call immediately. Twice I forgot what the freaking password was and two minutes later police were at my front door.

I stated I had ADT but I recently changed to Sloman Alarm, hence why I forgot my password. Once my alarm went off with ADT. We didn't pull the door in. a few days later the police department sent us a letter that they came by our property because of an alarm. The door was still left opened that day when we got home so I'm not sure if they really were there
post #23 of 23 Old 06-07-2016, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
Love the trash heap behind them, the grass appears to be mowed though, that confuses me. I'm pretty sue they're protecting a Panhead or Knucklehead that hasn't run in generations (that's +/- 12 years in their county) not a 'Blade. I'm not sure, is that a Redskins cap on that redneck? What is he saying, "Go 'Bama, Roll tide!" Get' em Skeeter!
Every town in FL has a trailer park north of Ft Lauderdale. The trash is probably a landlord evicting a renter that hasn't paid in 3 months and that was his "collection" of whatever you want to call it, flea market/garage sales, your basic hoarder. None of it was suitable to be donated to Goodwill. They couldn't even get a panhead. They're upset they've been evicted, or maybe in the pile is their 4X4 ATV minus drivetrain.
The lawn care service comes with the rent, so the owner isn't fined for the lawn never getting cut. God I hate knowing these answers but they are common to the area.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Stolen Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page