Harley Stolen from Wounded Warrior from the Iraq War - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Stolen Motorcycles Post details of your stolen Motorcycle here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via AIM to BigAce1962 Send a message via Yahoo to BigAce1962
Harley Stolen from Wounded Warrior from the Iraq War

This bike was stolen on June 2nd 2016, from The Blvd at Medical Plaza Apartments. It was stolen From a wounded warrior and disabled war veteran from the war in Iraq. The bike was a gift to myself for safely returning from war. My bike is the only way I am able to find peace within myself when the horror's of war haunt my daily life and also haunt me in my dreams. My life is ruined without it. Sad to say i'm still paying on it, and will be unable to replace it due to income and credit. Now I do not know how I will ever find peace again in my life without my bike. My bike means the world to me, and now someone has taken that from me. This bike was going to lead the way when I started a Motorcycle Club for war veterans like myself to ride and raise money for the family's of our fallen brothers at arms, and now that is also ruined. I come to the public asking that you please spread the word and please help locating my bike. If you have seen or have any info that would help please contact me or S.A Police, I Thank you greatly for your time and god bless
Contact info
Home phone (210)-616-2139 cell (210)-318-6992
Contact for more picsThis bike was stolen on June 2nd 2016, from The Blvd at Medical Plaza Apartments. It was stolen From a wounded warrior and disabled war veteran from the war in Iraq. The bike was a gift to myself for safely returning from war. My bike is the only way I am able to find peace within myself when the horror's of war haunt my daily life and also haunt me in my dreams. My life is rueined without it. Sad to say im still paying on it, and will be unable to replace it due to income and credit. Now I do not know how I will ever find peace again in my life without my bike. My bike means the world to me, and now someone has taken that from me. This bike was going to lead the way when I started a Motorcycle Club for war veterans like myself to ride and raise money for the family's of our fallen brothers at arms, and now that is also ruined. I come to the public asking that you please spread the word and please help locating my bike. If you have seen or have any info that would help please contact me or S.A Police, I Thank you greatly for your time and god bless
Contact info
Home phone (210)-616-2139 cell (210)-318-6992]
Contact for more pics
Attached Thumbnails
My bike.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 12:53 AM

Re: Harley Stolen from Wounded Warrior from the Iraq War

Looks like a softail. Springer front end. Aftermarket wheels, exhaust, Kuryakyn grips and brake pedal. OK, I'll keep an eye out for it here in Florida.

I usually insure myself against theft. I also don't get too obsessed about objects. I really like my motorcycle, but would probably just get a newer one if it disappeared over night.

Peace and contentment, come within. External things, objects, those shouldn't steal your happiness to the point of devastation. Bikes, good Chevy's, family, children, jobs, homes, a dog in CA, even freedom can all be a loss suddenly for anyone. You got to let go of the past, move forward, and make the most of each day.
You'll find your best days are actually ahead of you, when you can still say and believe, no one can steal your service away from you. The real gift you gave to yourself, was coming back home alive, in one piece, and in good health.
post #3 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 1:11 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

BigAce1962,

Sorry to hear about the theft. Can you provide more details about the bike to assist others in identifying it? Could you post some some of the VIN like the last few numbers?

May the thief have an infestation of a 1,000 fleas to the crotch with arms to short to scratch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 1:15 AM

Yeah, like a photo...oh wait. Never mind.
post #5 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 1:18 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

The photo is a little small and the color of it is not noticeable. It looks like a black frame but the tank looks like a metallic brown but hard to tell.
post #6 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 5:38 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 40

how about showing some compassion, and being less of a dick?!

good luck BigAce

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 7:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

He does sound like a dick but is only speaking the truth. Getting too attached to anything will destroy your world if lost. I don't agree about the family part because you cannot truly love unless you allow yourself to get completely attached. Hopefully the PO's fast action to post this information will produce some positive outcome.

PO, try to reach out to some motorcycle clubs in your location, like a coalition. Get the word out with them. They usually know who is doing what. As today is Friday, there are probably a few club events going on, try to find out where and see if you can distribute this information there.

Also look in Craigslist, eBay, and such forums for parts that may resemble your.

I hope you find peace in other ways beside the bike, good luck with your attempt to find it.
post #8 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 8:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
...in case of the remote chance a fireblade or Honda sport bike owner, would ever know anything about a stolen Harley.
This coming for the guy who rides the FZ1 who post on the site dedicated to Fire Blades?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
He does sound like a dick but is only speaking the truth. Getting too attached to anything will destroy your world if lost. I don't agree about the family part because you cannot truly love unless you allow yourself to get completely attached. Hopefully the PO's fast action to post this information will produce some positive outcome.

PO, try to reach out to some motorcycle clubs in your location, like a coalition. Get the word out with them. They usually know who is doing what. As today is Friday, there are probably a few club events going on, try to find out where and see if you can distribute this information there.

Also look in Craigslist, eBay, and such forums for parts that may resemble your.

I hope you find peace in other ways beside the bike, good luck with your attempt to find it.

I understand the attachment to things like a bike. After I got home and out of the rehab. Hospital the first thing I did was get a new bike and off I went . my mistress was a big, big part of my transition back to the world. Every ones therapy is different mine was 6 months of 2 wheels in a “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” sort of way. I hate to sound cliché but war is hell and anything that will help you come home is worth your love. Even if that is a bike. Stay the course BigAce.

fall down 7 times, get up 8
post #9 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 8:49 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 40

"you must spread..." good support rikk

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 11:14 AM

hmmm good insight rikk, with the whole "Every ones therapy is different" statement. I saw where 1926 was coming from since my therapy is more aligned with his thought process of being grateful for the positive in life. Now if someone would try to tell me to use a different therapy method that would not be cool.
post #11 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 11:39 AM

Insight. I suppose the only value in a stolen bike thread is some sense of "I did everything I could think of to get my stolen bike back." It's psychologically for the victim a process of accepting it's gone. All trauma recovery has steps to it. But this is quite an act of futility. Columbo was only a TV character in your childhood. I like to think about the facts in this and not some princess story that this is actually going to turn up the harley. That's called false hope, and that's also not cool.

I like the armchair detective work spoken about how parts might turn up. Maybe on the America's dumbest criminals show. Insight. But most thieves have established salvage yards and cycle shops that they have "trusting" relationships with to fence their goods, face to face, from a van perhaps. It's a daily operation. They don't use forums, craigslist, but the salvage yards do. By the time one piece is found, that's all that's left to recover.

Insight. The cops aren't even looking. If the cops stumble into it, great, they might find a part that can be identified. But they're not investigating it. What leads would they have that they didn't already process and incarcerate? They wait for someone to report suspicious activity or 20 Harley's in their town getting picked up in one night. Here in America, people bury murdered people under their porch and keep people prisoner in their homes for several years, and go undetected. His bike was resold in pieces before he even posted his photo.

Insight. Use GPS devices on your bike, lock it down, install theft deterrents, or upgrade to locked storage, a buddies garage, NOT leave it out in an open parking lot, not even covered or with cameras on it.

Insight. Just last night I was posting about my Chevy truck and I wasn't alone like jon had hoped. We debated and joked about it's reliability issues. A Chevy truck debate, on a motorcycle forum, and it was enjoyable, in the off topic sort of way. You will never find a Harley section created here, but there is for my Yamaha. Thanks!

Insight. For those that really want to reach out to this victim, why not start a Fireblade pool with your money, and offer a reward for it's recovery in his behalf? Gives incentive for someone to rat out a thief. But of course, if they were going to search online to find a reward, it would be on a Harley forum, or their local Craigslist community ad. Those that consider themselves the better man, if you actually really care about others, then post a reward anyway, don't be a dick.

Last edited by 1926; 06-03-2016 at 11:45 AM.
post #12 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
Insight. I suppose the only value in a stolen bike thread is some sense of "I did everything I could think of to get my stolen bike back." It's psychologically for the victim a process of accepting it's gone. All trauma recovery has steps to it. But this is quite an act of futility. Columbo was only a TV character in your childhood. I like to think about the facts in this and not some princess story that this is actually going to turn up the harley. That's called false hope, and that's also not cool.

I like the armchair detective work spoken about how parts might turn up. Maybe on the America's dumbest criminals show. Insight. But most thieves have established salvage yards and cycle shops that they have "trusting" relationships with to fence their goods, face to face, from a van perhaps. It's a daily operation. They don't use forums, craigslist, but the salvage yards do. By the time one piece is found, that's all that's left to recover.

Insight. The cops aren't even looking. If the cops stumble into it, great, they might find a part that can be identified. But they're not investigating it. What leads would they have that they didn't already process and incarcerate? They wait for someone to report suspicious activity or 20 Harley's in their town getting picked up in one night. Here in America, people bury murdered people under their porch and keep people prisoner in their homes for several years, and go undetected. His bike was resold in pieces before he even posted his photo.

Insight. Use GPS devices on your bike, lock it down, install theft deterrents, or upgrade to locked storage, a buddies garage, NOT leave it out in an open parking lot, not even covered or with cameras on it.

Insight. Just last night I was posting about my Chevy truck and I wasn't alone like jon had hoped. We debated and joked about it's reliability issues. A Chevy truck debate, on a motorcycle forum, and it was enjoyable, in the off topic sort of way. You will never find a Harley section created here, but there is for my Yamaha. Thanks!

Insight. For those that really want to reach out to this victim, why not start a Fireblade pool with your money, and offer a reward for it's recovery in his behalf? Gives incentive for someone to rat out a thief. But of course, if they were going to search online to find a reward, it would be on a Harley forum, or their local Craigslist community ad. Those that consider themselves the better man, if you actually really care about others, then post a reward anyway, don't be a dick.
The insight came from the part about the goal is to heal. Who gives a **** if the healing process is through physiological or material means. The topic opened up because you kind of dismissed the importance of the attachment since it was materialistic (which I kind of did myself). You talk about what can we do, which were very good points, and without the added negativity it sets a good foundation to see if people are willing to sponsor the matter.
post #13 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 12:37 PM

Healing takes time. It's a process.
I didn't dismiss anything, I enlightened him to focus on what he has, and not what he lost.
Sorry if my comment sounds negative, it's truly a negative experience to be victim of a crime, and I didn't want anyone to think he has a chance he's getting anything back. It's so remote a chance, it can't even be measured. You said craigslist, ebay, forums...and that's just not where his pieces of Harley are going to turn up or be identifiable by the time it's listed by a 3rd or 4th party. Clearly perceptions of recovery of stolen property vary greatly. I was just shedding the most probably and most common outcome. Some are lucky enough to get a stripped version of what they had, with the new burden of trying to make it run again, or continue in the dismantling chores to get whatever is left of it.

Get insured. Use anti-theft devices. If it's so dear to your purpose in life, protect it as such. Learn from others mistakes. Anyone could be next.
I can't change what has already happened.
post #14 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 118

Garage

Big Ace, good luck and thank you for your sacrifice. I hope you are able to find peace.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #15 of 23 Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 AM
Greenie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 181

Who brought phil donahue?

My daughter had her first and beloved f2 stolen from her.
I totally understand the devastation one feels, had a couple mountain bikes and a car stolen myself. It ****ing eats at you for weeks. It's not even arguable anymore: emotional anxiety translates into physical pain for most folks. When your heart hurts, your ****ing heart hurts! Some say oh it's just feelings, get over it. Yeah. That takes time.
My heart is out for you BigAce,
Peace

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Stolen Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page