best ways to keep a bike from being stolen? - Page 4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Stolen Motorcycles Post details of your stolen Motorcycle here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 81 Old 04-16-2009, 3:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: best ways to keep a bike from being stolen?

there is no answer. except a remote tazer gun built into the seat. and a set of gallows over the bike, so thbe bastard gets a shock in the family jewels and hang themselves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 81 Old 04-27-2009, 5:04 PM

Reputation Power: 10

For any U.K guys looking at installing a tracking device I would strongly suggest that you go for the Tracker brand as at least 2 or 3 police forces I know of (Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire) all have the locator devices in their Traffic and Dog Section vehicles so if the bike or car is moving they can chase after it without having to be directed to the vehicle via radio or telephone.

Cheers

Stephen
post #48 of 81 Old 09-16-2009, 7:57 PM

Reputation Power: 9

Insurance... if someone wants it they will get it..... Thieves stole Dynojets 600 right outta their building....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 81 Old 09-19-2009, 7:44 PM

Reputation Power: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner806 View Post
If you want to get fancy, just rig up another spark plug into your seat w/ a relay switch, so if your bike is boosted atleast the thief's jewels will get fried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvp1986 View Post
Sig Sauer > Kimber or S&W
I love you Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne11 View Post
Insurance... if someone wants it they will get it..... Thieves stole Dynojets 600 right outta their building....
What's the world coming to?

P.S. Thanks Kiwiboy for the UK tip.
post #50 of 81 Old 09-20-2009, 5:28 PM

Reputation Power: 9

my recommendation is to hook up a 4 farad capacitor that charges of your stator and then connect it to the clutch lever... they wont need a reason to get off the bike they will fly off lol
post #51 of 81 Old 04-13-2011, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu748R View Post
Smith and Wesson....................
Exactly!!!!
post #52 of 81 Old 04-13-2011, 9:27 PM

Reputation Power: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Nugget View Post
Bolt cutters? You should see their series-IV chain! EACH link is thicker than my fingers! My friend bought this 2 metre long one and for a laugh I draped it over my neck, like you would with a snake at a zoo.... I was not strong enough to lift it over my head again....

Talk about getting trapped under the bike (chain)!!!
I have a lock setup for my pedal bike that is comparable to that

It is only like 36inches long, but weighs a ton mmm

James Taylor
post #53 of 81 Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 AM

Reputation Power: 12

For most issues regarding semi-storing your bike if you ride it once a week for example.
Get a cover that fits over the bike totally, as in no tyres showing etc.
If its in the garage keep it covered and put a card box or two behind to seat level so its not easily seen when the door is up.
Remove the battery so its not easily found by a thief, lock the steering and put the keys somewhere safe.
Use two disc locks and a cable lock per bike if need be, then have good insurance and pray.

On the road I always use a hotel/motel with back facing rooms/parking, and get a parking lot level room in that section.
Once I check in, I park outside the door till things quiet down in the evening and just scope things out.
THEN I ease the bike into the room for the night and place some newspaper under the tyres and engine.
This way if management comes a calling you can at least have some reasoning to your madness by saying "its not dirtying the carpet".
Failing that, buy Yamaha or a CX500 for road trips and smile about it as best you can.

Last edited by 900RR; 04-14-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: added info, as usual
post #54 of 81 Old 04-14-2011, 3:46 AM

Reputation Power: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman396 View Post
my recommendation is to hook up a 4 farad capacitor that charges of your stator and then connect it to the clutch lever... they wont need a reason to get off the bike they will fly off lol

might fry your electrical components too and you when you forget to unhook it!!

i just lock my steering wheel and take out the key

i guess you could get one of those GPS chips put on it so the cops can just quietly show up to the thiefs house and break the door down but i think its like $200 a year just to keep it active...and my neighborhood isnt even bad so i really dont have a need for any extensive anti-theft device...i live in a cul-de-sac where each of my neighbors are older and have too much time on their hands so they are on neighborhood watch every night looking for something exciting!! last year 2 teenagers that are friends with my little sister went into my garage and took 2 beers out of my mini garage fridge and sure enough when i got back the next day i had a full description of the perps from what they were wearing to hair color and height LOL....i told them next time to ask...
post #55 of 81 Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Reputation Power: 43

this
post #56 of 81 Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 PM

HA HA!! too darn funny.
post #57 of 81 Old 04-14-2011, 1:05 PM

Reputation Power: 56

People, I have the perfect solution! You can pay me 20 bucks to sit on your bike while you are away! I dont even want the key! Just need to look cool

Friend of mine with an 07 R6... Has the whole alarm system and all that, yet I know where the switch is hahahaha.

its hilarious making his key fob go off when he is in a store or something..

Or flicking his switch on when he isnt looking. Although just taking the key out of the ignition at a stop light is better.

James Taylor
post #58 of 81 Old 04-14-2011, 6:32 PM

Not so fast hotshot,LOLOL, how are you going to travel to owners bikes not near to you, or are you planning to only cover Cowtown bikers.
Is that $20.00 a sitting for an hour, a day, a week or a month?
post #59 of 81 Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Hey all, I am new to this forum but am no stranger to bike theft. My bike was stolen just last week, a 2008 CBR 1000 RR, formerly yellow. I had been lazy and not yet bought a disc brake alarm/lock and I paid for it. They ripped the cover off and I am assuming hotwired it.

The bike was recovered this past Tuesday when someone saw a Meth-head wreck it in front of their house. They spraypainted most of it black and the front fairing silver, layed it over a couple of times, and must have done a sweet ass burnout (dicks). Guy was arrested for GTA and possession and having a prior warrant.

However, the point is is that I only have liability so I am unfortunate enough to feel the effects twice. 1. The bike was stolen -- I am SOL, 2. The bike was recovered and jacked up -- I have to pay to fix it. I recommend getting comprehensive no matter what because it is rare that I will just have an extra 3-5K laying around to fix my cheap ass mistakes. The cost of fixing the bike will most certainly be more than the montly rate. Insurance will give you good peace of mind, as well as getting all the other things mentioned by other members.
post #60 of 81 Old 04-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Hey all, I am new to this forum but am no stranger to bike theft. My bike was stolen just last week, a 2008 CBR 1000 RR, formerly yellow. I had been lazy and not yet bought a disc brake alarm/lock and I paid for it. They ripped the cover off and I am assuming hotwired it.

The bike was recovered this past Tuesday when someone saw a Meth-head wreck it in front of their house. They spraypainted most of it black and the front fairing silver, layed it over a couple of times, and must have done a sweet ass burnout (dicks). Guy was arrested for GTA and possession and having a prior warrant.

However, the point is is that I only have liability so I am unfortunate enough to feel the effects twice. 1. The bike was stolen -- I am SOL, 2. The bike was recovered and jacked up -- I have to pay to fix it. I recommend getting comprehensive no matter what because it is rare that I will just have an extra 3-5K laying around to fix my cheap ass mistakes. The cost of fixing the bike will most certainly be more than the montly rate. Insurance will give you good peace of mind, as well as getting all the other things mentioned by other members.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Stolen Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page