best ways to keep a bike from being stolen? - Page 5 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Stolen Motorcycles Post details of your stolen Motorcycle here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 81 Old 04-15-2011, 3:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Re: best ways to keep a bike from being stolen?

Ouch thats gotta hurt and to think these idiots who do this sort of stuff only get a slap on their hands.
You should not have to secure your posessions like you need to lock them away in fort Knox like conditions, but the society we live in now is far from being their brothers keeper.
I therefore vote to make it legal for the 'victim' to do two burnouts on the bike thiefs genitals, and then add brine afterwards to make sure its effective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 Old 04-15-2011, 8:01 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr0001RBC View Post
Hey all, I am new to this forum but am no stranger to bike theft. My bike was stolen just last week, a 2008 CBR 1000 RR, formerly yellow. I had been lazy and not yet bought a disc brake alarm/lock and I paid for it. They ripped the cover off and I am assuming hotwired it.

The bike was recovered this past Tuesday when someone saw a Meth-head wreck it in front of their house. They spraypainted most of it black and the front fairing silver, layed it over a couple of times, and must have done a sweet ass burnout (dicks). Guy was arrested for GTA and possession and having a prior warrant.

However, the point is is that I only have liability so I am unfortunate enough to feel the effects twice. 1. The bike was stolen -- I am SOL, 2. The bike was recovered and jacked up -- I have to pay to fix it. I recommend getting comprehensive no matter what because it is rare that I will just have an extra 3-5K laying around to fix my cheap ass mistakes. The cost of fixing the bike will most certainly be more than the montly rate. Insurance will give you good peace of mind, as well as getting all the other things mentioned by other members.

wow...sorry to hear that dude!!!! see...you should have hooked a lightening rod to it so that when god saw the meth heads hotwiring it he could have sent a bolt of electricity to it to persuade them otherwise
post #63 of 81 Old 04-15-2011, 8:06 PM

passage from bible- "and then god sawith the meth heads doing their impure deeds and struckith down those closest to them by way of a lightening bolt from heaven...and the road cracked and there layithed a hole to hell and the meth heads were sent-ith to their doom and the glorious yellow cbr1000rr was saved...and later baptisied by its owner with a fresh coat of eagle one spray-on wax"-the word of god...amen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 81 Old 04-15-2011, 8:07 PM

karma is a biooooooootch...they will get theirs someday...dont you worry...the methheads WILL pay
post #65 of 81 Old 04-16-2011, 7:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

around here i use smith and wesson 357 so far so good
post #66 of 81 Old 04-16-2011, 8:43 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Have a quick question about security system/ gps tracker. Bought a 99 Blade in Nova Scotia,The Bike actually came from Quebec. I noticed a small red beacon on the top part of the Tail end of the bike ( near the Lock) It Also has a small (what looks like a water mark) with an 8 digit code beside it....there is also one of the same mark of numbers on the frame by the shifter and one more on the front of the bike just above the headlight. Im curious if anyone is familiar with this system or if anyone else has one similar. I dont even know where to start to find out if I could actually use it.....or not.
Thanks!
post #67 of 81 Old 08-31-2011, 2:21 AM

I suggest get your bikes fitted with disk locks...
some GPS manufactures are making minute and robust devices which are oil and water resistant.
for a bike costing $20000 or above it is like nothing extra.

Last edited by mikkyy; 08-31-2011 at 2:27 AM.
post #68 of 81 Old 08-31-2011, 5:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 118

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 CBR View Post
passage from bible- "and then god sawith the meth heads doing their impure deeds and struckith down those closest to them by way of a lightening bolt from heaven...and the road cracked and there layithed a hole to hell and the meth heads were sent-ith to their doom and the glorious yellow cbr1000rr was saved...and later baptisied by its owner with a fresh coat of eagle one spray-on wax"-the word of god...amen!
I was searching my Bible for this passage mentioning the CBR when I realized, you made it up, 'cause everyone knows that only Meguire's wax existed in biblical times!
post #69 of 81 Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 AM

I have 2 other vehicles and I'd chain my bike to whichever car/truck I wasn't using that week. Never got touched
post #70 of 81 Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 107

How about a couple of Pitbulls, trained not to take food from anyone but you, wearing built/knife proof jackets and head gear
post #71 of 81 Old 05-24-2013, 9:26 AM

Reputation Power: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffrog View Post
How about a couple of Pitbulls, trained not to take food from anyone but you, wearing built/knife proof jackets and head gear
Or with bees in their mouths, so when they bark they shoot bees at you !!

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #72 of 81 Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 PM

Reputation Power: 5

I agree if they want it they will take it. There are so many pieces of crap on this earth that I'll never have faith in humanity.

A disk lock wont do too much, its making sure your bike is bolted down or hidden which is the key. And as mentioned the best method is full insurance coverage.

Look how fast this went down, luckily he saw them but still sucks about all the damage these a-holes caused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9TQ3detMk

Also this one shows how much good locking your steering wheel does!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVtKYBt5Q0
post #73 of 81 Old 07-16-2013, 8:53 AM

Reputation Power: 4

All you can really do is make it more of a hassle for the guy trying to take it. If it is enough of a hassle they will hopefully move on to an easier target. I heard big plastic wrapped steel cables are harder to cut than chain but of course it means nothing without a good lock. GPS tracker is always a plus but when it comes down to it they are parted out so fast and sometimes wrecked that insurance is sometimes the only way to go. An alarm or a little red blinking light also helps. Bottom line is that if they really want it they can get it but target hardening is good to deter it. I had 5 dirt bikes stolen out of my garage one night, it sucks and now I make sure to lock it all up tight. That being said I still only have liability because for the cost of full coverage is close to the cost of my bike b/c the ridiculous rates
post #74 of 81 Old 07-16-2013, 8:56 AM

Reputation Power: 4

I have even heard of 4 big guys going down to bike week, taking two steal bars or big crow bars, putting them through the rims and just picking the bike up and walking away with it. yea even doing to with heavy cruisers. They just say "yea this is my buddy's bike, it wont start we are taking it to the truck"
post #75 of 81 Old 07-16-2013, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 35

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Stolen Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page