Lost Red/Black 07 CBR600RR (4/9/2009) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Stolen Motorcycles Post details of your stolen Motorcycle here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 4:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via MSN to SouthBaySteve
Lost Red/Black 07 CBR600RR (4/9/2009)

LOST: 1 CBR600RR, 2007 Model, Red/Black Nearly mint condition. 3000 miles on it. Honda Carbon kit on tank and back area. CompetitionWerks Fender Eliminator LTD Kit. Turn Signals relocated to sides of brake light plastics. Front signals are OEM.
VIN JH2PC40177M000870
Stolen 4/9/2009 from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Here's the story...
I live in a relatively nice area, lots of nice homes, people with cash and plenty of time to make more...Not me. Broke, running a business, father of 2 teen aged daughters... Workin my a$$ off to make some cash to pay for the things already bought (like that beautiful 07 CBR600RR just calling my name every afternoon).

We live in an apartment complex that is supposedly better and more secure than others, underground common parking, locked all the time, sensor remotes or flat key cards only to get in. I noted the door open, called our managers a few times and it was supposed to be fixed. Noted it open again a couple days later (someone moving??), and called again. Oh..they say, it's broken open, so the guy is coming soon to fix it. OK...well, I think I should be okay...

I park in the corner, and I mean, the wall is next to me...Drive a Honda Accord coupe, but my 2 wheel muse is pretty much pinned to the plastics, chained to a post (bolted to the concrete in 8 places with 3/4 in bolts), disc locked, and covered). Usually, there is a Suburban next to it, so the only way to get the bike out is to back out 2 cars (wife and mine) and role out the bike for a ride. Really "safe"...So I thought.

Monday, notified the mis-management team again about the door to the garage...ok, ok...the guy's coming this week...When? Soon...okay I say again...
Tuesday, all-nighter developing a website, network configurations, etc for the business, and not riding today...
Wednesday, feeling better but everyone in the frickin world calling me for info about this or that. Went out to pet the bike. At least I get some moments to look. (hey, a guy's got to do what he must to get by).
Thursday morning, call the dang mis-management team, Hey bozo, your gate is still broken. Uh, well the guy should have been here yesterday, but was busy or was sick or something...Ok, well, my rent isn't late, so please fix your gate already. It was open, again, last night.

Busy all day, no rest for the weary. Calls from all over, noone paying for crap. Everyone's broke and they still want IT technical services. Ya, I'll be right over. You have $250 cash ready for me, ok? No? Oh, gosh, I have this other call...Gotta go... As if I am working for free here.

Pick up the wife from the airport tonight... At least the car is still "protecting" the bike, right?
That night, Thursday April 09, 2009 at about 11pm I noticed that my car was rolled back about 2 feet and something was not right...BIG SINKING FEELING FOLLOWED BY BIG ADRENALIN-FUELED NEED TO KILL SOME MORON... Yep, they got my bike. How the FRICK did they get in, get it unlocked, load it in some van or something and drive off un-frickin-noticed by ANYONE??? This is totally unacceptable. These Ba$tards had time to clean up the garage, as there were no foot prints, no metal shavings, no anything...Just unbelievable. Ramp gone, track stand gone. I am gonna be sick.

I call the LA County Sheriff Dept, and they wander on over about 2 hours later, (I picked up the wife from the airport first) and take a report. Gee Barney, forget your bullet somewhere? The deputy says that it's as good as gone. Like forever. Probably parted out before I noticed it. they give me a worthless report. Gee, Thanks Johnny Law. I'll be on my own for this...

Friday AM, Call the landlord ogre...The damn troll on the other end of the phone says she's not responsible for my loss, and won't file a claim on her liability policy because I "park at my own risk" because of the "signage" saying that they claim no responsibility....I bring up the best deterrent to theft, which is the usually locked gate. Why then was your gate not closed? Well, Steve, it was being fixed; we already called the guy. Well then, Troll, why don't you file that claim now because I called you numerous times about your broken gate which allowed these theives to stroll in, and carry out my $10K bike unnoticed. Well Steve, I told you, we're only here to maintain the property. Well, Troll, I told you, you didn't do that either. You claim no responsibility however you have a problem if I don't have renter's insurance? I guess I'll be seeing my attorney. I bet he'll have a completely different view of this. (Attorney offered services pro-bono for IT services; contract signed and waiting to file claim).

Next day, Saturday, wife wants me to go to some event...As if. Not going anywhere. Finding ALL of the bike shops, bike part yards, etc... Kid emergency, so no dice on that plan...

@ 3 months later (now) getting 'vibes' that this bike is not gone. Someone has this bike. No ebay parts nor sales from nearby SoCal for 07 CBR600RR anythings...Nothing that I can say it was like new. This bike was only 3000 miles old. Barely broken in, however 2 track days on it. No whole bikes for sale on ebay that match it. No wrecked bikes that would match. No hits on the bike trader. No clue where this thing would have gone. I have seen something really like it recently riding by on a surface street...Exactly the same as I thought it should look. Too bad it was so crowded that day. I would have u-turned just to look more closely.

Gathering the shops within 60 miles from the house. Gathering the list of the 2nd hand shops (smaller auto lots), Bike shops. Salvage yards. Anything to do with bikes.

I posted a few photos (the only ones I have) of my CBR600RR.

If you guys have any clues, or ideas on how to pursue, I am open to your suggestions. Frankly, I am angry enough to do something I'll regret later, but I won't do that...I want to ride with a clear conscience.
Attached Thumbnails
Steve-wrenchprep-07JuneTrackDay.jpg‎   stockphoto-07cbr600rr.jpg‎   Turn11StreetsDay1-2_070607 (3).jpg‎  

Last edited by SouthBaySteve; 07-31-2009 at 6:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 4:43 AM

Reputation Power: 11

Send a message via AIM to FTP_929
Re: Lost Red/Black 07 CBR600RR (4/9/2009)

thats so ****ed up,any word from your lawyer? i live in a "gated" community and the gate has been broken for about a week and some guy in my neighborhood got his rims stolen,everybody i know says that he can sue the apartment complex for that,so you might be able to have a case

-Goodluck man
post #3 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 5:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP_929 View Post
thats so ****ed up,any word from your lawyer? i live in a "gated" community and the gate has been broken for about a week and some guy in my neighborhood got his rims stolen,everybody i know says that he can sue the apartment complex for that,so you might be able to have a case

-Goodluck man

Thanks...I need the luck. Good luck preferrably. I had to sign a 15 month (!!!) lease for this damn place today, and I wanted out SO F**N bad... The rent here sux ($2325 for 3 BR in the dang dungeon). If it wasn't for the schools, I'd be somewhere I can have a single family house (rent) and a 2 car garage that NOONE ELSE can get into easily. We almost rented a 4BR house, but couldn't move for the sec dep. Just my luck.
If we sue, they will jack the rent or evict us for renovation or just about anything else they can make up. Either way, we're squeezed into a really nasty situation.
I would have given my left nut to leave here. I can't conscienably buy another $10K carry-away for the thieves by staying here and hoping for the best. That means I will be bikeless which I hate worse than all the crap I deal with from my tight-a$$ "clients".

The only good side is I get to play my bass guitar more (either that or go completely crazy) and I am looking at getting a really expensive road racing bicycle to get back in to some better shape. I hate being fat and old. (well, I'm not that fat, and not that old, but both suck). When we do finally get to leave this crap hole, I will be in much better condition for the next bike.

Hey, if Keith Code at 67 can rip up Streets at 1:21, I can do it at 45 at least at 1:40 (I was doing 1:45-1:49 all weekend long in 07).

Thanks again.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 5:22 AM

Damn man thats a shitty situation,can they jack your rent up if you sue? by signing a contract aren't you set at a set price per month? plus,if you sue and win the case you'll most likely get money for another bike...hopefully
post #5 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 5:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Damn man thats a shitty situation,can they jack your rent up if you sue? by signing a contract aren't you set at a set price per month? plus,if you sue and win the case you'll most likely get money for another bike...hopefully
It's a corporately own and run apt complex. There is no heart here, only cash. If they have a clause for something in their contract (such as convenience of the management or for rehabilitation) that they can use, it's legal. No rent increase, it's just like that. They can force a tenant to leave in 30 days. Not good but real. Money for another bike is possible if I can prove their legal negligence caused my motorcycle to be stolen. Now I'll have to find another place to live IF I start a law suit, nearly guaranteed. I don't have the $7500 I need to move (that's first month + security dep + moving expenses), so where do I go from there? Gotta be prepared for the worst.

Steve
post #6 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 5:49 AM

thats true : ( but atleast you'll be out of your lease agreement
post #7 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 5:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
thats true : ( but atleast you'll be out of your lease agreement
Good point, and I get to keep my wedding tackle intact! Now I have the problem of finding a place to live...Something will turn up soon.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 5:58 AM

i hope dude,i haven't road my bike in about 2 months all because of a really bad oil leak : (
post #9 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 6:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

No theft insurance on the bike? That's painful.

A good bicycle is expensive and easier to steal than a CBR. Think about getting an old and cheap 900RR perhaps?
post #10 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 6:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
i hope dude,i haven't road my bike in about 2 months all because of a really bad oil leak : (
2 months and no bike? I can relate. Get it in the shop...Let the mechanic and the shop deal with the liability. They charge money, but you know once it's done, they warrant the work if there's a re-occurance. Also if the engine fails from oil starvation (and you took it there specifically for that) you get a new engine.
post #11 of 13 Old 07-31-2009, 6:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbzorro View Post
No theft insurance on the bike? That's painful.

A good bicycle is expensive and easier to steal than a CBR. Think about getting an old and cheap 900RR perhaps?
Hi Ghbzorro....I completely agree with you on the bicycle. No, no theft insurance on the 600 either (but this was a stored bike, in a normally secured garage with significant physical anti-theft equipment I thought protecting this bike). I had liability (2 tix at the time, and that make full coverage $2200 a year for me).

NO intention of EVER leaving a 15 lb bicycle anywhere I can't touch (I'd take the dang thing with me to the bathroom if I have to).

The point of the bicycle is the improvement of my cardio routine (non-existent currently). I miss riding so much right now. I live in an area that is just amazing for riding and not too far are world class canyons. I won't be there anytime this or possibly next year with a bike (maybe on the bicycle).

Getting a $3500-5000 bike isn't gonna happen for the same reason a $10K bike won't happen. Thieves take what they can get at. At this apartment complex, I can't carry a motorcycle in to the apartment, but I can carry a 15 lb bicycle. I'll hang it on the wall above my bed if needed.

Thanks though!
Steve
post #12 of 13 Old 07-16-2013, 6:33 AM

Sorry for what happened.

Mine (same as yours) was stolen last saturday morning and you can imagine what I will do if I see any guy one day trying to steal any bike.

I've been talking here and there and I learned that some thieves actually use those bikes to go racing on race tracks.

No wonder now how can they afford to race !

I still hope that I'll find mine but I doubt.

What is more surprising is to see the crime map of LA and how many are stolen. I'm sure it's not thousand of people who steal them, it's an organized ****.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-16-2013, 7:07 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 62

Garage

I wish I was closer to you and could assist. Both of your have my deepest condolences! Hopefully that lawyer comes through for you, I'd sue for mental anguish/distress too!

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Stolen Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page
2007 cbr600r engine broke

black cbr 600rr

can i sue my apartment complex if my motorcycle get stolen

cbr600rr expensive rims

cbr600rr lease prices

cbr600rr oil leak

honda cbr 600rr 2009 turn lights for sale

honda cbr600rr red key?

red cbr600rr

salvage 2009 cbr600rr

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page