2009 fireblade temperature to high?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Streetfighter The streetfighter section is now open for business.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-30-2016, 2:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2009 fireblade temperature to high??

First post on here so bare with me. I have concerns with my 2009 fireblade. On a cold day I turn it on and it get really hot really quick. Like it will hit 106c in about 10mins idle. The fan kicks in at 106c and will drop between 97-100c then creep back up to 106c. When riding along it's fine. It'll happily sit at 80c it's just when I'm at a set of lights it'll creep back up. Is this normal??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-30-2016, 7:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

Re: 2009 fireblade temperature to high??

Sounds normal to me. If its really cold and the bike is not moving, its going to get hot enough for the fan to kick on. No way around it. Its normal for the temp to rise when the bike is sitting still. Dont worry about it. Its normal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Streetfighter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page