wanted 2005 complete plastics, brackets - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-14-2017, 5:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

wanted 2005 complete plastics, brackets

recently purchased a bike that has a mis match of stuff. I would like to get the right stuff on it!

Let me know what you have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-18-2017, 1:31 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Garage
Re: wanted 2005 complete plastics, brackets

You'll struggle to find a good complete set of OEM bodywork, your most economical options are to repaint what you have or fit a Chinese set
post #3 of 6 Old 06-18-2017, 1:53 AM Thread Starter

I have a chinese set now. but it was a hack install and it is missing the inner fairing pieces and is held on with 6 point home depot bolts....So depressing to look at haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-21-2017, 1:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
You'll struggle to find a good complete set of OEM bodywork, your most economical options are to repaint what you have or fit a Chinese set
Do you have experience with the Chinese sets? I wonder if they bolt directly up to factory or if they require modification.

if so, can you recommend a good company?
post #5 of 6 Old 06-21-2017, 4:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 2

I'm in the process of doing a redesign of my bike which includes a set of "Chinese" fairing from Auctmarts. Although I'm not done, sofar, these things have lined up within near millimeters to OEM hole locations, I haven't had to hack them yet. On the F4i, from the same supplier required that I remove some extra material from one of the mounting holes, but once fitted, no one can tell the difference.

Considering that you need a full set, I'd give them a thumbs up. But be mindful of the caveat that the 05 fairings are different from the 06 so they would have to work from a different mold and my recommendation is not as meaningful.

I'm reusing my old grommets from the OEM plastics and I had to use a non-OEM bolt for the brake lines on the front fender, again no visual or functional impact.

After you're done, I'd recommend going over all bolts and grommets and make an inventory of what's broken or needs replacement and order them all at once. I thought I did a good job at that and found that I need 3 more bolts for my case cover as the old ones are visually displeasing - how aggravating! But...I have a solution for that too.

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, GP Suspensions 20mm revalve, Penske 8987 triple clicker
-2002 CBR600F4i (was mine and now hers)
Ohlins, Racetech, Showa custom Suspension

Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better
post #6 of 6 Old 06-21-2017, 5:34 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinjunkie View Post
Do you have experience with the Chinese sets? I wonder if they bolt directly up to factory or if they require modification.

if so, can you recommend a good company?
I rebuilt my 1994 Fireblade using fairings from a company called WooWall off EBay, I had to do quite a bit of fettling to get them to fit, but since I've finished it I've had some really positive responses, our local Honda dealer principle said it was the best Urban Tiger replica he'd seen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page