Red Light Cam - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Western USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-31-2007, 5:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Red Light Cam

So tonight I got flashed by the cameras at an intersection. I wasn't paying attention to the traffic arrow, it was red, but I stopped with my bumper in about the middle of the cross walk. The left turn arrow then turned green and I went on my way, still got flashed a second time tho. How much is the fine here in Cali? Do you think I will be getting a ticket?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-06-2007, 1:42 AM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: Red Light Cam

Typically the cameras take a picture of the driver and the FRONT license plate. Unless you have some kind of bike with a front plate, I wouldn't worry about it!
post #3 of 21 Old 04-06-2007, 8:44 AM

i guess that would not work on my truck, its balcked out and in nc we have no tags. in va they have some of the red light cams, but they also have front tags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-06-2007, 3:27 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Sorry I don't have an answer that pertains in your case.

In Iowa most of the cams take a picture of the rear plate. The ticket is then mailed to the owner of the vehicle not the driver. However in two different cases where they actually went to court the judge threw them out and in one he ruled that the cameras were unlawful in Iowa because the fine is different if you are caught by the camera ($75) or an actual cop ($35). In one of the cases it was an off-duty police officer that was mailed a ticket for his vehicle and he just proved he wasn't driving at the time.

If it has wheels, I've crashed it, and some things that don't razor scooter, skate board, roller skates, roller blades, skis, snowmobile, card board box on stairs, giant inner tube, nissan sentra, dirtbike, lawn tractor (wheelied it over), grandmas bread tray on stairs, kayak, canoe, rubber raft, bicycle, wake board, kneeboard, waterskis, tobaggan (plowed a pine tree), horses, ATV's
post #5 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 8:46 AM

Even if you get a ticket mailed to you, you can deny that it is you... assuming you're wearing a helmet? :-)
post #6 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 9:13 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaguest View Post
Even if you get a ticket mailed to you, you can deny that it is you... assuming you're wearing a helmet? :-)

...and that you're happy to lie instead of taking responsibility for your actions...

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 9:53 AM

Reputation Power: 11

Quote:
Here in Qc, if you deny it'S you, you have to denounce who was riding your bike. Something you should know, since it's your bike...
post #8 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt-Down View Post
Here in Qc, if you deny it'S you, you have to denounce who was riding your bike. Something you should know, since it's your bike...

Same here, if you can't give details of somebody else then you're responsible for the fine.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

From what I understand there is nothing they can do if you say it wasn't you. They can threaten you with responsibility but if you stick to your guns and say that your bike is a loaner whore, there isn't much they can do about it. This is in California by the way, I'm sure it varies from place to place.
post #10 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
From what I understand there is nothing they can do if you say it wasn't you. They can threaten you with responsibility but if you stick to your guns and say that your bike is a loaner whore, there isn't much they can do about it. This is in California by the way, I'm sure it varies from place to place.

Are you allowed to lie to the Police in Cali then?
Here it's an offence.
Good luck getting insurance or reporting a theft on a bike that you lend out to people you don't even know.

post #11 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 1:53 PM

Wow. Touched a nerve I see. Are you a police officer? Because you seem to have taken that "lying to the cops" thing pretty personally.

Most cameras in the states that I've been in take pictures of the front plate. So in most cases someone on a bike wouldn't be an issue. The bigger issue (aside from lying to the cops which will get you sent straight to hell on judgment day apparently) is that you are on a bike and in most situations should be one of the more cautious people on the road. I wouldn't be heading into an intersection right as the light turns. God knows what little old lady isn't paying attention.

Just my two cents
post #12 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 1:58 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli.b.m.brewer View Post
Wow. Touched a nerve I see. Are you a police officer? Because you seem to have taken that "lying to the cops" thing pretty personally.

Most cameras in the states that I've been in take pictures of the front plate. So in most cases someone on a bike wouldn't be an issue. The bigger issue (aside from lying to the cops which will get you sent straight to hell on judgment day apparently) is that you are on a bike and in most situations should be one of the more cautious people on the road. I wouldn't be heading into an intersection right as the light turns. God knows what little old lady isn't paying attention.

Just my two cents

Not a LEO, just don't have much respect for those that don't have the guts to take responsibility for their actions. If you choose to go through the red light then you only have yourself to blame for it.
Lying to the cops is an offence that can vary from "false ID" or obstruction right up to perjury.
The kind of society you choose to live in starts with you.

post #13 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 4:24 PM

Reputation Power: 56

I owned up to all my tickets

And with that.. haha cops have let me off on more then a few

I have a 56km/h on my record.. and in another province a 48km/h over.
Why would people try to shove the responsibility else where?? I have no idea aha.
post #14 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 7:30 PM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt-Down View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Same here, if you can't give details of somebody else then you're responsible for the fine.
Same in the UK....But in Sweden, if you get caught on a speed camera, they must be able to identify your face...for example by pulling the sunshade down would cover your face...and therefore no conviction. People have been caught on speed camera's wearing Mickey Mouse masks It's upto the Police to prove who was driving..BRILLIANT!!!

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #15 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 8:48 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
I owned up to all my tickets

Me too :-)
Lost my licence three times.
Could've gotten off a wheelie charge by throwing money at a lawyer but would have had to lie in court to do so.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Western USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page

redlight cam

redlight cam ca. and motorcycles

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page