Totaled her. CBR954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 5:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Totaled her. CBR954

Another 954 gone to stupidity and being young and reckless.
It was just and ordinary Sunday afternoon, coming home from the gym. I was only about a mile away from home when I wrecked. I was coming into a left curve in the road too hot, and lost my focus and composure as I was going over the railroad tracks that are in the curve. At about 50-60mph I target fixated real hard into a curb and then bam!! I hit it hard. I take this road everyday, so I don't know what got into me this time, maybe just some bad luck or over-confidence Im thinking. Well the next thing I remember is laying on the ground as the first responders were cutting off my clothes. I wear my gear 90% of the time, but going to the gym about 3 miles from home, I decided not to. Oh well, you live and you learn. Im kinda glad I don't remember hitting the ground or breaking my bones.
I get to the hospital and after my CT scan they determined I broke my scapula, dislocated my big toe pretty bad, closed hemorrhage of brain, bruised lung, partial lung collapse, and fractured my vertebrae in 4 spots. I was in the hospital for 6 days. Lesson learned. ATGATT.
My bike broke into two pieces. The front end just snapped off from the triple tree. Lower and upper. Im glad I stayed in one piece.

Here are some pics...
Im thinking of rebuilding her. Looking on ebay, parts are relatively inexpensive. My only concern is if the engine runs. I cant test it out because there is a lot of mangled wiring. Looking at the bike, do you think its worth it? Maybe I can turn it into a street fighter.
I cant asses the ful damage right now as I cant bend over/lift heavy objects. Maybe in a couple months when I fully heal I can see whats realy wrong. Hopefully my dad does not junk it by then lol.
Before

After

Me being me, even in pain

Thanks for reading. Hopefully I can start riding again soon.

Last edited by phatdude954; 11-16-2016 at 5:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 6:14 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

Re: Totaled her. CBR954

*ugh* glad you're upright an able to type!

I say junk it and start over...

...so do you have a gaugepod for sale? how about that seat?

too soon?
spagiratwink likes this.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 6:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
*ugh* glad you're upright an able to type!

I say junk it and start over...

...so do you have a gaugepod for sale? how about that seat?

too soon?
Thanks. This happened on Nov 6, so after 10 days I'd say I'm healing pretty well. Its good to be young.

Lol, if I do junk it I will definitely have some parts to sell. It maybe a little to soon right now, as Im unable to do any labor my self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 7:52 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Wow, good to hear the you are on the mend. Ahhh youth, don't use it all up at once. I wouldn't waste a minute of time making that street worthy again. It will cost a lot of time and money that could be well spent on finding a replacement.

Last edited by jdoni; 11-16-2016 at 7:52 PM. Reason: typo fixed
post #5 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 8:09 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 2

I think you used about 6 of your 9 lives on that one!

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, #$&-%* Brand Air filter, GP shift rearsets, color matched levers (upgrades in progress)
-2002 CBR600F4i (I'm done with upgrades- now transferred to Her)

Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better
post #6 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 8:34 PM
Greenie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 181

An off like that is one of life's more humbling experiences, especially when, as you clearly did here, one is not afraid to look hard into that mirror and admit mistakes.
I'm glad you're in decent spirits, and alive to tell us about it. Sorry about the bike tho...
spagiratwink likes this.
post #7 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird180 View Post
I think you used about 6 of your 9 lives on that one!
Lmao. Im pretty sure I've used at least 2 of them before. Im running real low now haha
Jaybird180 likes this.
post #8 of 31 Old 11-16-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words guys. After some thinking, I will probably just part out the bike. Even though parts are cheap, I need a lot of them to fix my bike. Once I heal up I will post a part out thread or just dismantle the bike myself and sell them separately.
post #9 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 8:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage

Wow, that was a rough one. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I admire how you analyzed the crash, and accepted blame rather than trying to pass it off as bad road conditions or tires or an ill-handling bike as many others do. Target fixation can get you, it was one of the first lessons my dad, who raced, tried to teach me as a kid. Complacency is another one that can get anyone, anytime and not only on bikes. I haven't mentioned it on here until now, but I lost a friend about 3 weeks ago on his way to work. We work together, so I found out from one of our pilots minutes after it happened. I'm not going to jack our thread by going into details, but I would say complacency was a contributing factor. The best thing we can do is learn from our mistakes, thank God you are still able to. The positive attitude you are approaching it with is no doubt helping. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

BTW, where in Cali are you?
spagiratwink likes this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 11-17-2016 at 11:02 AM.
post #10 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 8:47 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdude954 View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. After some thinking, I will probably just part out the bike. Even though parts are cheap, I need a lot of them to fix my bike. Once I heal up I will post a part out thread or just dismantle the bike myself and sell them separately.
Hi phatdude, was going to press the "like" button ,but that doesn't seem to be fitting in these circumstances, by the way you've spoke and answered shows your one of the good guy's, and I'm glad your on the mend, hope everything goes well in the future for you, just take care. Bill
unslow1 and IanDoohan like this.
post #11 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Garage

**** that's a hard off, glad you're OK that could been very nasty.
spagiratwink likes this.

1994 Urban Tiger Project

"Endless motorbike talk can and does bore me" - Barry Sheene
post #12 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 2:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
Wow, that was a rough one. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I admire how you analyzed the crash, and accepted blame rather than trying to pass it off as bad road conditions or tires or an ill-handling bike as many others do. Target fixation can get you, it was one of the first lessons my dad, who raced, tried to teach me as a kid. Complacency is another one that can get anyone, anytime and not only on bikes. I haven't mentioned it on here until now, but I lost a friend about 3 weeks ago on his way to work. We work together, so I found out from one of our pilots minutes after it happened. I'm not going to jack our thread by going into details, but I would say complacency was a contributing factor. The best thing we can do is learn from our mistakes, thank God you are still able to. The positive attitude you are approaching it with is no doubt helping. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

BTW, where in Cali are you?
Thanks, I wish I had something else to blame it on rather than myself, but it was totally my fault. And sorry to hear about your friend. Hearing about fatal accidents always worries me about riding.

I live in the SF Bay Area. East bay to be exact.
post #13 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 7:52 PM
President Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 74

Garage

great looking 954.......uh, PRIOR to the "off" OMG that's just not right, looking at her in "half" on the floor like that. Kinda gives me the shivers. Glad your recovering. She will never be the same if you try to rebuild her. Get another one, start fresh. And try not to eat it on a clean road by your house that you've traveled on several times a day for the last how many years

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #14 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 8:14 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

so am I getting that seat and gaugepod or what?!

seriously though

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #15 of 31 Old 11-17-2016, 9:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
great looking 954.......uh, PRIOR to the "off" OMG that's just not right, looking at her in "half" on the floor like that. Kinda gives me the shivers. Glad your recovering. She will never be the same if you try to rebuild her. Get another one, start fresh. And try not to eat it on a clean road by your house that you've traveled on several times a day for the last how many years
haha thanks man. I dont think I can buy a sport bike again for the sake of my parents and friends. I just go to crazy on them, like going 130+ everyday on the way to work. Especially when i put to gopro on my helmet, Im just more crazy. I will probably end up on a cruiser or dual sport, or maybe something more upright like a FZ.
spagiratwink likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page