The good the bad & the ugly - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 54 Old 06-13-2008, 4:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Send a message via AIM to FTP_929
Re: The good the bad & the ugly

i was coming onto Interstate 95 from a long round on ramp and i hit an oil slick in the turn and highsided off the bike doing about 25 infront of my buddy.VERY Embarrassing,my friend and fellow motorists stopped to help me pick up my bike out of the grass and asked if i was okay because my whole arm and leg were rashed up..but now everytime i ride i'm always really afraid to corner now..so its actually normal to feel like you have no pride after an accident? -sigh- thank god

i hope it goes away soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 AM

Reputation Power: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP_929 View Post
but now everytime i ride i'm always really afraid to corner now..so its actually normal to feel like you have no pride after an accident? -sigh- thank god

i hope it goes away soon
Its something a lot of riders get after crashes, you will have to ask yourself, what could you have done... It wasn't your fault, so you shouldn't blame yourself.

It will take time to get over, but you need to build your confidence up... Good luck and stay safe

"Second is the first of the losers..."
post #18 of 54 Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 AM

Reputation Power: 142

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP_929 View Post
i was coming onto Interstate 95 from a long round on ramp and i hit an oil slick in the turn and highsided off the bike doing about 25 infront of my buddy.VERY Embarrassing,my friend and fellow motorists stopped to help me pick up my bike out of the grass and asked if i was okay because my whole arm and leg were rashed up..but now everytime i ride i'm always really afraid to corner now..so its actually normal to feel like you have no pride after an accident? -sigh- thank god

i hope it goes away soon
I went down last year on the morning of my bike test, when I went round a right hand corner and there was a minibus coming at me on my side of the road.. they had pulled over to go round a parked car and hadn't pulled back into their lane.. It was pi**ing down with rain, I had on been riding for 5 days and being inexperienced me and my bike went down tryng to get out of its way.. the bike was a bit bent, I had a couple of bust ribs from sliding up a kerb and quite a few bruises..
I still have a bit of a problem with taking right hand bends a year later (I'm fine on left handers though), but I'm getting a whole bunch better and my confidence has grown but it really did shake me up for quite a while..
It does get better as time goes on but it will take most people a bit of time to get back into the swing of things..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 54 Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM

Reputation Power: 10

Send a message via AIM to FTP_929

thanks for the replies guys,i'm just afraid to come up to a yellow turning light and accelerate i go into it very slowly
post #20 of 54 Old 09-03-2008, 4:54 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via Yahoo to kd4ysi tony

well this is kinda real old but showing off for girls will bite ure butt as well when i was in collage back in 1987 i went to leave the school on my bike back then a yamaha 400 maxium it was frezzing cold that morning and had rained while i was in class and i forgot about therain part when i went to lunch weell i saw a bunchof the girls out side so i tore out of the lott and had to make a left turn about 100 ft down road and it came right out from underme quite embressing it bent the shifter so had to idle back to the shop auto and repair that had a bunch of studnts laughing there butts off me
post #21 of 54 Old 09-03-2008, 6:01 PM

Reputation Power: 56

Showing off is always a recipie for destruction.

I guess everyone (well some will disagree) who was riding in their teens did it.

"Second is the first of the losers..."
post #22 of 54 Old 09-25-2008, 3:13 AM

Karl Harris gets Toms bike in the face

YouTube - karl harris british superbike
post #23 of 54 Old 09-25-2008, 6:30 AM

Reputation Power: 288

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Dropped the blade on a corner in July, we both went down the road with bike on my leg, parted company but she came back and hit me again summersaulting me into a fence post, speed about a ton. Bike a right off, me heavy damage to right ribcage and some damage to right knee.
To keep with the thread, Helmet saved my head as I smashed into road several times, knee slider saved my knee from getting rubbed into mush, boots saved my foot and leg from serious injury also back protector saved my spine. I was also wearing a one piece racing suit.
I have to reiterate the theme here that good gear is imperative, its really worth a spending a little more.
I have got back up on the new bike fairly quickly but I must admit right hand bends still give me the jitters but my confidence is coming back slowly.

MOSTECAK:
You have to remember that you now have started a new journey, your no less a person than you were just different, we all change through our lives, some of us its visible but to most of us its not. I cant do things now that I used to 20 years ago but if I keep longing to be able to do them again then I will miss all the good things in my life now. Good luck to the new you.

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #24 of 54 Old 11-16-2008, 11:41 AM

I have a few stories for you...... FIrst off I raced for a few years while i wa in the military, due to operational commitments i was only able to make make 6 races in 2 years. I have yet to lay a bike down on the track during a race or track day...... Now to the interesting parts.....

Aug 2002
I had my 2002 F4i in pristine condition then one morning I pulled up to an intersection where there was quite a bit of dirt all the way through it. I came to a complete stop and continued through the interection. After slowly starting off and figuring I was out of harm I leaned and gave some throttle. The sand had spread lightly through the intersection where it wasnt really visible. Long story short....... low side at 15mph.

Nov 2003
New one..... Went down to pick up a friend who had the weekend off from manuevers in the military academy. On the way back to my house (3 hrs away) I had to stop to refuel. We got the fuel and were getting back on the interstate goin through a 270 degree clover and i was only going the allowed speed limit for cars (had i been by myself it had been much faster) hit a patch of oil or sand, or maybe she leaned a little too far, not quite sure, but hte bike lowsides from under us at about 30mph. It came to settle in the big triangle between flowing and merging traffic. Thankfully it stopped there or it would have been a massive interstate shutdown for a while. I gave her my leather jacket and was wearing a thick sweater. My right elbow was ground to the bone and she had a few scratches off her knees. When we first got up i asked if she was alright. As a true biker she looks at me and says at the same time.... "Is the bike ok?"

July 2005
Ok F4i rod bearings go out so the bike is down and I borrow a friend's wife's GXR-600. Taking a group from the base through the curves I used to live was absolutely wonderful. Here is the yahoo map. banning, ca to idyllwild, ca

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=33.835765&lon=-116.79535&zoom=12&q1=banning%2C%20ca&q2=idyllwild% 2C%20ca

we get up to Idyllwild and sit down for a great lunch and a couple of hte guy are commenting on how the ride was so nice. Halfway up there is a natural spring fountain to get some water. So then comes the waitress we order our food and keep talking our sea stories about riding. One of them looks me dead in the eye and says, "That was an awesome ride.", interjects the waitress, "Until you hit the gravel...." Great way to jinx an entire ride. On the way back down I am in the lead and carving some great lines with no traiffic holding us up and the other 6 riders in tow. ONe guy comes up on my side during a straightaway saying that one of them dropped their bike. I flip around and head back up to check on it and he already has his bike on the road and is doing ok. He dropped his bike beacuase of an $80 ipod. Now i try to get back in my groove, come around a corner and the rear brake locks. I keep the wheel straight to let it settle and am heading right into the oncoming traffic lane along with the guard rail. Tire lets off and go to lean hard into the curve to get back on my side of the road and guess what..... GRAVEL!!!! Layed the bike down about a 60 mph lowside and it slid along the guard rail. I was wearing my leather jacket, jeans, boots, gaunlets, and of course a helmet. Got one heckuva razberry on my hip and a my jacket sleeve was shredded, but the bike was ridable and I was alive.

The finale....
May 2008

2005 CBR600RR

On my way to work, which is only 12 miles from my house, I passed by an apt complex fire on the right hand side of the road. Doing everything correct, I slowed down, moved to the left lane so I was visible to emergency vehicles or traffic coming out. Got half a block from the situation and began to accelerate and I hear a screeching tire on my left. I watched a small red car turn in front of me and thought, "This is going to hurt." Propped myself up on the pegs o i could clear over the car instead of hitting the frame and got some frequent flyer miles. Once I had made sure I finished moving I stood up and walked to the side of the road yelling obscenities at the lady and picking my bachpack up on the way. Seeing as there were enough people who saw the accident and were dialing 9-1-1, I called people at work to cover my shift. Inside the ambulance I started laughing hysterically and they thought I was going into shock. When they asked me why I was laughing I told them, "My buddy's bike just got paid off!" I was purchasing the CBR from a friend of mine. After all was said and done my ankle were severely sprained and I had broken my left wrist. Took two months to walk again without moonboots. My Left radiu has a plate and my left ulna is permanently out of place. I am currently rebuilding the engine on the F4i, again, also rebuilding a 954 I purchased from a friend of mine. As soon as those are running, I am back on two wheels.

In every instance I have been down proper gear has saved my skin/life. Wear it and live by it. My family lives in Florida where there is no helmet law. I will never ride without gear no matter short the ride up the road to the store or on a long trip with friends.

Stephen Helton
post #25 of 54 Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 AM

Reputation Power: 85

This is one of my favorites.

Last edited by NWBackwoods; 03-12-2009 at 7:59 PM.
post #26 of 54 Old 06-26-2010, 9:47 AM

Reputation Power: 22

dont mean to retract from the great stories and bless all of you hurt or have lost someone.

the last pic of the stunter on his back im beting hes wishing he had worn some gear. it wont always save your life but you never know just how much it will help and maybe even make the difference.

ride safe guys
post #27 of 54 Old 06-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc36 View Post
dont mean to retract from the great stories and bless all of you hurt or have lost someone.

the last pic of the stunter on his back im beting hes wishing he had worn some gear. it wont always save your life but you never know just how much it will help and maybe even make the difference.

ride safe guys

That is a snap shot from a guy on youtube. The bike hits him in the face, head hits the floor and he knocks himself out cold. Don't know how serious it was other than that.
post #28 of 54 Old 06-26-2010, 7:32 PM

Reputation Power: 8

In sept. 06 I was hit by a deer on my RR, Damn thing jumped off the bank on a blind corner, Damn near cut her in half at about 40 MPH. Damage to bike was bent forks trashed upper cowl and all right side body work, Tore front M/C clean off trashed the exhaust and the right bar dented my frame and tank. Tore off front fender and right foot peg and smashed RH kill switch and throttle, Damage to me was minor rash on right elbow. Because I burned through my jacket just above the armor. Bruised my whole right side and had a gash from my right knee to my ankle a half inch deep from deer hoof and a concussion, All I can say is my gear and helmet saved my butt. It was a bit embarrasing as the highway patrol pulled up while I was kicking the crap out of the dead deer

On a seperate note Jan. 04 10 days before my best friends 40th Bday, He went off the road on his highly modified GSXR750 at 130 MPH jumped a ditch and went through a barb wire fence. Dave and I had raced this rode several times well over 100 mph, He went off on a slight RH corner. We had made this corner at 140 ish in the past with no issues, Long story short. He laid on the side of the rural road for 7 hours before anyone found him, His bike hit that fence so hard that a steel t post put a dent in the frame below the tank and it must have flipped about 10 times it was over 100 ft off the road in a plowed field. The only thing I can think of that caused the accident was rain and his low gears, Rest in peace my brother you are sorely missed. I forgot to mention he was one of the most talented riders I have ever seen, The pics were taken after the police finally released the bike to me. The family wanted it destroyed, So I had it done
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
IM000425A.JPG‎   IM000426A.JPG‎  

Last edited by Hondasrule; 06-26-2010 at 7:54 PM. Reason: Pica added
post #29 of 54 Old 06-26-2010, 8:14 PM

Reputation Power: 288

Send a message via MSN to setanta

sorry for your pain Hondasrule, I went with my best friend on a run, he didnt make it home so i can understand what you went through

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #30 of 54 Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Reputation Power: 8

Far too many of us had to feel this pain, I feel for you bro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page
bad and good stuff about motorbikes

bad motorcycle wrecks

bad wrecks

bad wrecks pictures
motorcycles good or bad
ugly honda bikes
ugly honda motorcycles
ugly motorcycle club
ugly motorcycle pictures

ugly motorcycles pictures

ugly people riding harleys
wrecked polaris ranger
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page