The good the bad & the ugly - Page 4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 54 Old 07-29-2011, 9:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 21

Re: The good the bad & the ugly

In Kansas there is no helmet law, nor do I believe there should be. But they are still a great idea. Without violating hippa... i ran a patient who crashed low speed that had they been wearing their helmet they could have walked out he hospital in a few hours but they may not make it. Prayers are with them and just wish people could learn from other peoples mistakes. just a slow hit to the pavement cant kill you.

Last edited by bc36; 07-30-2011 at 9:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 Old 08-07-2011, 5:34 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 225

Just thought I'd re-post what this thread is all about..(mainly as I forgot)

It's a sad fact that laying down your pride and joy is part of life for motorcycle owners. If you walk away from it ok then at least you can repair your bike and get back with the program. No matter how badly you crash chances are someone has done a better job of it than you.. I thought we could try a specific section on the site so that we could examine what we could have done, should have done, or could not aviod. How did our saftey gear help us? How hard and how expensive were the repairs and getting back in the saddle? The fireblades "oopps I dropped it" support channel is now live.

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #48 of 54 Old 04-09-2012, 9:41 AM

Reputation Power: 8

I've always had a one piece set of leathers and a good quality helmet, the leathers have saved my skin from a couple of 30-40mph lowsides that would have taken my skin off.

I always fit R&G crash protectors to the frame, front & rear axles which have also kept repair costs to under £250 to put it perfect again. I love my bike and my skin but have no qualms about pushing my bike to the limit of my capability, I go through a pair of knee sliders every year and normally 2 rear tyres and a front.

I don't understand people who ride in shorts and t-shirts, even if i'm just popping down the shops I'll at least put my timberland boots on and my Dainase leather Jacket. (Helmet and gloves go without saying)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 54 Old 05-28-2012, 9:03 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostecak View Post
Please forgive me boys, if this dont fit here. I just keep thinking about this lately and it came back to me now again.

It's one of the unwritten law of af racing. You dont talk about a crashes. But ...

I've had a pretty bad crash. 6 different places on my body. They ware talking about cutting my leg off too - to make the story short. Well my family didn't allow it, so the doctors did their best.
Now, almost 2 years after, I still hurt a bit, but I walk, I ride, I look like nothing ever happened to me.
But I just cant find the old me. I'm aither drunk from pills or alcohol, or pissy at everybody around me. I can act walking straight for couple minutes but I cant act a happy mood for a too long - another way to desribe it.

The reason to bother you with this? Im surre there is milions guys and girls like me out there. Worse then me. Who are still fighting AND WINNING their "races". Id like to get some inspirations from you guys.

Please, let me know.

back in '94 i was at dade city, fl motocross track going over a table top. my throttle stuck in 4th gear, when i launched it seemed as though everything stopped. my thought was to throw the bike away or land on it. i chose to toss it. when i opened my eyes, i could see my left arm broken, and wrist dislocated. l reached down and felt my right femur was broken and my hip also. it ended my off road racing but i still can ride on the street. i decided not to look back and think about what i should have done or if i had stayed home that night. i accept the pain, the plates, screws and rod in my femur.
i still ride and am happy for that. don't look back and think about what happened, look ahead and appreciate what i have.
post #50 of 54 Old 08-21-2014, 3:38 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Dunno if there's a right place to post this in this forum, but... (not a terrible crash or anything gross)

post #51 of 54 Old 08-21-2014, 3:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34

How the hell lucky was that?!?!
post #52 of 54 Old 08-21-2014, 7:49 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

that's just nutty! some dummies have all the luck

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #53 of 54 Old 08-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
that's just nutty! some dummies have all the luck
That dude should've been splatted... I hope he realiizes how close he was to a world of major hurt and learns from it. Way too many of those videos out there where that move goes wrong.
post #54 of 54 Old 08-22-2014, 9:42 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
Dunno if there's a right place to post this in this forum, but... (not a terrible crash or anything gross)

??? ???????????. - YouTube
Can't help wondering what happens to him when the car driver slams on their brakes? The headline would read "Rider injured after being flung headlong from a car roof..."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page
bad and good stuff about motorbikes

bad motorcycle wrecks

bad wrecks

bad wrecks pictures
motorcycles good or bad
ugly honda bikes
ugly honda motorcycles
ugly motorcycle club
ugly motorcycle pictures

ugly motorcycles pictures

ugly people riding harleys
wrecked polaris ranger
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page