The good the bad & the ugly - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

The good the bad & the ugly

It's a sad fact that laying down your pride and joy is part of life for motorcycle owners. If you walk away from it ok then at least you can repair your bike and get back with the program. No matter how badly you crash chances are someone has done a better job of it than you.. I thought we could try a specific section on the site so that we could examine what we could have done, should have done, or could not aviod. How did our saftey gear help us? How hard and how expensive were the repairs and getting back in the saddle? The fireblades "oopps I dropped it" support channel is now live.
Attached Thumbnails
wrecks2.jpg‎   wrecks5.jpg‎   wrecks-005.jpg‎   wrecks-006.jpg‎  

wrecks-007.jpg‎   wrecks-010.jpg‎   wrecks-011.jpg‎   wrecks-013.jpg‎  

wrecks-012.jpg‎   wrecks-014.jpg‎   wrecks-015.jpg‎   wrecks-017.jpg‎  

wrecks-018.jpg‎   wrecks-019.jpg‎   wrecks-020.jpg‎   wrecks-021.jpg‎  

wrecks-022.jpg‎   wrecks-025.jpg‎   wrecks-031.jpg‎   wrecks-034.jpg‎  

wreck.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 08-02-2007, 2:57 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: The good the bad & the ugly

GOD forbid. Don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Attached Thumbnails
1381.jpg‎  

07' 1000 RR : 2 Bros Carbon V.A.L.E. M-2 s/o, P/C lll w/ Cust Map, BMC Filter, AFAM 520
(-1+2), Speedo hlr, Flap Mod, C/A Int Tail Light, Flush F Sigs, Puig D. Smoke.
beCAUSE YOUR DEAD ALOT LONGER THAN YOUR ALIVE
post #3 of 54 Old 08-12-2007, 3:30 PM

holy crap.
Attached Thumbnails
crash3.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 08-29-2007, 6:01 AM

Reputation Power: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian's929 View Post
holy crap.

The bloke in the red looks as if he is flying!
post #5 of 54 Old 09-21-2007, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.
I completely agree, takes oh so little for one of these things to put you out of comission
post #6 of 54 Old 09-21-2007, 3:17 PM

Please forgive me boys, if this dont fit here. I just keep thinking about this lately and it came back to me now again.

It's one of the unwritten law of af racing. You dont talk about a crashes. But ...

I've had a pretty bad crash. 6 different places on my body. They ware talking about cutting my leg off too - to make the story short. Well my family didn't allow it, so the doctors did their best.
Now, almost 2 years after, I still hurt a bit, but I walk, I ride, I look like nothing ever happened to me.
But I just cant find the old me. I'm aither drunk from pills or alcohol, or pissy at everybody around me. I can act walking straight for couple minutes but I cant act a happy mood for a too long - another way to desribe it.

The reason to bother you with this? Im surre there is milions guys and girls like me out there. Worse then me. Who are still fighting AND WINNING their "races". Id like to get some inspirations from you guys.

Please, let me know.
post #7 of 54 Old 10-14-2007, 2:31 PM

mostecak .

Now that THAT is over. Yes, there are millions of you out there. So you fake alot. OK that is normal. All you need to do in order to find yourself is to go out and find the reasons you where respected. That is what made you.
But it is only one of the parts of you.
The REASON you are lost is because You have NO respect for YOURSELF.

What I really find interesting is how people seemingly can change over night.
Forgetting what they pride themselfs for there whole lives...
Confused?
YOU ARE A RIDER. YOU ONCE WHERE ABLE TO ADAPT TO ANYTHING.
So since one of your bodily functions got differenciated a bit you became a stranger?
You are still you, only different in a small way, yes-yes, your whole life is affected by this. But does this make you a weakling? NO NO NO NEVER.
If you can ride you can adapt, so you can still do anything.
I pray that this helped you into the right direction.
Bikers for Bikers
post #8 of 54 Old 10-14-2007, 5:51 PM

Reputation Power: 34

.. Shang Wolf.. Nice post.. Hell that inspired me.. As for mostecak, I hope you find your old self.. As to the original topic.. I would say " Know your limits".... Great idea .Org.. !
post #9 of 54 Old 10-14-2007, 6:00 PM

Reputation Power: 31

This should be good enough for me.

Putnam August 6th - Desmo (Stoopid Hurts - New & Improved w/ Pics)

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #10 of 54 Old 10-30-2007, 1:23 PM

Thank you, Shang Wolf

Mostecak
post #11 of 54 Old 10-30-2007, 1:46 PM

Thank You Hammer
post #12 of 54 Old 11-30-2007, 4:02 AM

Hi, I am new to motorcycling in general, i've been riding for about 4 months now, and i've noticed and felt much more confident about my skill on my bike and the mindset that i have created while riding, attentive, quick, agile, and in the zone. But I think that even with a good attitude and a good opinion of yourself you still have to commit to the truth that riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous, and anything that can and might happen to you is possible, and you have to live in that zen appreciation of that fact, every minute you are out there riding.

I haven't been involved in an accident, but a couple of weeks ago, i did drop my bike. It was something so stupid and careless and small, but it had a great impact on my appreciation for what it is i'm sitting on top of, and the lessons it can impart.

I was in a grocery store parking lot, waiting for my girlfriend to run in and get something, one of the few times she is riding on the bike with me, and i had parked facing in a parking spot. When she came out, we both got on the bike, and i just backed it up power walking a bit in reverse, and then foolishly turned my wheel all the way to the right, to make a little half circle and then be on my way. I neglected to realize how different the weight is when you have someone else on the bike, and I wasnt giving it enough throttle to make a good escape at that angle, and I started to tip to my left with my lady on the back. I tried to give it more throttle and lean in the opposite direction to right it self, but i kind of futzed it and ended up just reversing my tilt until the point that i dropped to the ground on the bike, taking my girlfriend down with me.

My injuries and those of my girlfriend were minor, a little scrape on my knee and shin and a slightly swollen knee, and she had a little tini tiny scrape on her elbow, but I couldn't help feeling like less of a person, a moron, an idiot, shaken, unskilled and not myself. And more importantly it whammed home the responsibility that you carry while someone else is on the bike, how your decisions, either wise and conscientious or reckless and wanton, can decide the fate of yourself, and someone you care about.

I felt all this afterwards, and felt like i had ruined something for myself and my relationship to bike and lady, feeling like the romance of that life had just been literally dropped from everything, and said basically as much to my girlfriend, expecting a reprimand or at least a hell ya you idiot! but what i got back from her was something like this, " yea, well, it wasn't the smartest thing, but now you know one more thing about riding, and now you can see to it that you don't make the same mistake twice." And since then we still go riding, albeit a little more wary, but better for it.

And I realized that this is part of the essence of riding a motorcycle. Its a learning curve. The more you ride, hopefully, the more you learn, and if you keep that in mind, although sometimes the risks can seem overwhelming, or the prices you pay too much for some of the consequences that come with it, they are worth it in the end for the things riding can teach you. I know this might sound a little over dramatic, but It was stuck in my head and i thought i might share my thoughts.
post #13 of 54 Old 12-05-2007, 1:55 AM

Hi guys,

I live and work in Seoul, South Korea and recently lost a dear friend to a motorcycle accident. He was hit by a bus at an intersection near the area where we live.

He was just twenty-five years old and one of the happiest people I've ever known. He was an elementary school teacher and he will be missed by his students, friends and colleagues.

It was a not so gentle reminder of how short and precious life really is. When I was reading some of the posts, it reminded me of John and the need to be absolutely on alert when approaching an intersection. When people have to make decisions without much thinking (like intersections) is where most accidents happen. He was hit by a bus running a red light. Please be careful out there!

I ride a 95 CBR900RR out here and riding can get a bit treacherous when the traffic gets heavy - which is almost all the time in Seoul.
post #14 of 54 Old 12-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Reputation Power: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea View Post
Hi guys,

I live and work in Seoul, South Korea and recently lost a dear friend to a motorcycle accident. He was hit by a bus at an intersection near the area where we live.

He was just twenty-five years old and one of the happiest people I've ever known. He was an elementary school teacher and he will be missed by his students, friends and colleagues.

It was a not so gentle reminder of how short and precious life really is. When I was reading some of the posts, it reminded me of John and the need to be absolutely on alert when approaching an intersection. When people have to make decisions without much thinking (like intersections) is where most accidents happen. He was hit by a bus running a red light. Please be careful out there!

I ride a 95 CBR900RR out here and riding can get a bit treacherous when the traffic gets heavy - which is almost all the time in Seoul.
Im sorry to hear about that, my thoughts go to you, his family and the people he has left behind.
post #15 of 54 Old 12-05-2007, 1:15 PM

riding home from work about 5 years ago some twat in a beamer pulled out in front of me without looking and gave me no chance.my bike was totaled and i was in hospital for a while just internal bruising[BIG,BIG,BIG dent in my tank].i stopped riding for a long time [i use to ride dailly]but my mates just kept ribbing me until i rode again.it wasnt my first crash but it hurt the most body and pride.like to thank j and mat for everything .i learnt fast if you drop it get back on dont bottle it.ride safe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page

bad motorcycle wrecks

bad wrecks

bad wrecks pictures
motorcycles good or bad
ugly honda motorcycles
ugly motorcycle club
ugly motorcycle pictures

ugly motorcycles pictures

ugly people riding harleys
wrecked polaris ranger
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page