Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

805 miles

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Diesel954 
#1 ·
Thats what me and a friend rode yesterday. Went from OKC east on I40 to the turnpike then south. Entered Arkansas at Mena and went east on highway 8 to highway 70 ending in Hot Springs. We left Hot Springs going north on highway 7 to Russellville. This is one awesome road. Took 7 all the way north to highway 16 just west of Lurton, AR. 16 west through the Ozark National Forest was even better than highway 7. We saw maybe one car every 3-4 miles. All the turns were marked with an arrow and suggested speed. Very nice road. Continued west to Fayetteville, AR and on to Tulsa. From Tulsa we went home in the rain for about an hour and a half. Thought about getting the extra 200 miles to qualify for the Iron Butt but that will wait for another day because I did the 805 miles on no sleep. Woke up at 3:00 pm on Sunday and worked all night until 6:00 when we left on the trip. Got home at 9:00 pm Monday. 15 hours on the bike with no sleep wasnt that hard either. Guess I can give the credit to the FJR1300. Made it real easy. My buddy was on an FZ1 with a stock screen, no wind protection there. Felt sorry for him. Shoulda bought an FJR.

#4 ·
We were limited by the route we took. The roads were all pretty curvy and slow. Had we been on the interstate we could have done 1300-1400 easily but thats no fun. We've been looking at the Iron Butt's Border to Border run. Goes from Laredo to Canada but I dont care for interstate riding.
If you guys can I would seriously consider running this route in Arkansas. Its about as good as any riding in Tennessee, not quite the Gap but still nice smooth roads with moderate speed turns (40-50 mph).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.