Well just finished stator connector replacement. These are the steps I took.
1. Took Pictures
2. Then cut stator wires and checked, at idle 19 VAC at 5000 RPM 30 VAC to 60 VAC. So stator working
3. Removed R/R tested diode 0.5 V at all 3 points so working
4. Purchased 3 pin connector from Super Cheap Autos $7
5. Tried to solder wire end but had problems, I think the heat dissolved some of the wire coating into wires so they were not clean. I didn't want to cut the wires to much, otherwise I would need to add a wire bridge.
6. Crimped all wires and pins, put into connector.
7.The started to test
8. Battery with no ignition 13.2VDC
9. Battery with ignition 14.8VDC
10.Stator pins tested in line 13.9VAC at idle
11. Stator pins tested in line at 5000 RPM 14.12VAC
12. Checked heat on connector no heat, 3 stator wires warm
13. Checked heat on R/R warm
My thought, when stator is in line the regulator appears to stop the high VAC, so I am assuming it is doing its job. Time will tell.
I have added some pics
The red wire over the top comes from the battery and under rear seat as a quick charge connection
Sorry having problems uploading photos