After market fairing kit - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Aftermarket Perfomance Parts Reviews If your looking for information on a specific aftermarket performance part or want to post your feedback on products you have used here is the section to post.

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 954Kevin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 5:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

After market fairing kit

Hey folks

I'm looking to get an after market kit and was wondering if any of you have had any good or bad experiences from
places, fitment issues etc etc

https://monsterfairings.com/67-honda...02-03-fairings

I'm currently looking at these, what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Re: After market fairing kit

I have used Chinese fairings (Auctmart) on a 2011 Blade and was initially very pleased. I am fairly sure a lot of the Chinese product is from only one or two sources and rebranded accordingly. The 'Monster' brand is well respected in the USA, and I had used a video of their product as a fitting guide for mine.

The fairings are a bit thinner and do not offer the same flexibility as the OEM product. This is significant only on models whose belly pans are fitted to the side fairing with the tab and slot method. The lining up and fitment (gaps etc) was very good as was the finish quality. If there is a flaw, it is the heat absorbtion of the plastic. Mine suffered some discolouration around the vent areas of the cylinder head. I do not track nor commute my bike, so it did not heat any higher than 'normal' riding. I had used the heat insulation properly - and to a larger area than OEM covered, but now I would double up in a couple of places.

I would buy them again, so I guess that speaks well of the product.
Pics show Chinese conversion with three highlighting the discolouration:
Attached Thumbnails
181207 1..jpg‎   Melt 1.jpg‎   Melt 2.jpg‎   Melt 4.jpg‎  

2018 CBR1000RR SP2 / 2004 CBR1000RR / 2003 CBR954RR / 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R / 1985 Honda NS400R
2007 MV F4 1000R / 2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #3 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks dude, appreciate that.
I should have mentioned my bike is the 2003 954, has anyone had any experience with that bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 9:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

i used auctmarts on my 954. ive been pretty happy with them. of course they arent quite oem quality. ill say i expected that last statement to be the case and im still pleased to say that auctmarts exceeded my expectations for quality. little rough around the edges concerning paint, but even up close they look pretty dang good. mine is a titanium/black oem color. one of my main concerns was would the auctmart set match the oem tank scheme. i cant tell a difference.

i had to use an exacto blade to bore out a few holes where mounting bolts went through. where the headlight mounts to the upper the mounting tabs for a few of those bolts were just holes. same on the tail. i simply used the oem bolts to kind of "tap" threads into the plastic tabs. screwing them in and backing them out slowly. if you look closely in the pic of the tail, you can see the inner side of the fairings dont get the love oem do. you can see that mounting tab has a brass insert for screwing into. couple under the headlight didnt have the threaded brass insert. those were the ones requiring me to kind of tap with the bolts.

worked fine for me.

all in all i felt like the plastic itself was pretty close to oem in feel. it had plenty of flexibility. like nigel mentioned, maybe a smidgen thinner, only just though...

i feel like they were a good value for the money. took almost 1 month exactly from order date to arrive. tracking was more or less useless.

my tailpiece had a small scratch. i contacted auctmarts and they offered 50$ refund. which was fine with me. the scratch wasnt much and it more or less "buffed" out.

ive no experience with monster, but they come with a decent rep around the scene. im sure they are the same few actual manufacturers like nigel mentioned, just stored here in the us. so for the extra money they prob come to you faster, but i doubt they are much different in quality. just speculation though.

the first pics were just after fitting, potato camera. the others are this summer, 2+ years later.

__________________________________________________ ___

nigelrb likes this.

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 5 Old 08-28-2019, 2:35 PM Thread Starter

looks great man

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Aftermarket Perfomance Parts Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page