After Market Fairings Purchase - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Australia Regional discussion for members that live in Australia.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-01-2015, 7:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

After Market Fairings Purchase

**** COMPLETED REVIEW ****

Hello Everyone.

I have been investigating and researching over the last 8 weeks all the Chinese sellers of after market fairings. I decided on purchasing a set from a seller I have researched in depth and thought I'd give a running review on the whole experience from start to finish for those who might be considering doing the same. I currently own a 2000 model CBR929. The current fairings are fiberglass but the paint job was crap and patchy, so i decided to replace the fairings rather than pay big $$$$$ for someone to sand and repaint them.

(COMPLETED) PURCHASE 9/10

Purchased:
Red Bull Black ABS Injected Kit
Purchased For: CBR929 2000 Model
Cost: $750 AUD (599USD)
Purchased From: Suretribe (Motorcycle Fairings for Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Ducati)
Purchased On: 1/2/15

Comments:
Website well layed out. Contact details easy to find, kits easy to search and good variety of choice for my age/model bike. Payment process was unusual, where I was required to enter my OSID (NAB Bank Specific Code) as well as CC details and DOB, but once done payment went through fine and quick no issues. Received payment receipt and confirmation quickly after order. Would have prefered to use paypal for dispute resolution protection, but overall seamless. Site uses 1024 SSL, so site seems secure.

(COMPLETED) MANUFACTURING TIME 10/10

Manufacturing Started:
3/2/15 - (2 days after order placed)
Manufacturing Complete: 11/2/15 (8 days after order placed)

Comments:
Received email from Suretribe thanking me for my business and advising an order number. Quoted 12 calendar days until shipping. They provided name and phone number to contact for updates. Got email 8 days later saying fairings are ready for shipping 4 days ahead of schedule and quoted time. Would have liked a pic of it before boxed, but that's just me being impatient.

(COMPLETED) SHIPPING 9/10

Shipped:
11/2/15 (10 days after order placed)
Arrived (Postcode 2617): 24/2/15 (23 days after order placed)

Comments:
Received email from Suretribe advising tracking number and delivery is on its way. I am able to trace the parcel easily without issue and the tracking number is complete and works without problem. Package arrived on 24/2. Package looked in good condition, no puncture marks or damage. Packed well with foam and everything was received in good order. A few light scuff marks on a part or two, but other than recieved in good condition. Decals were raised which were a nice touch. Would have liked quicker delivery but all in all, A.OK.

REVIEWS:

Product Quality 8/10
Unlike other kits on the internet, I can say I am totally happy with the quality of this kit. The ABS Injection moulds are quite good and I was very surprised to see they are actually decent quality. My expectation was they were gonna be real thin and flimsy but this isn't the case. The graphics all lined up well, and apart from a few scratches and bumps, I can say the quality is better than I expected.

Fitment 8/10
The fitment was quite fiddly. Some of the bolt holes needed re-drilling as they were too small and it took waaaaay longer than I expected to fit it up. Not because I didnt have the time but things all needed to be at the perfect angle and at the right bolt tension before everything would fit. I then had to go back over the fairings with an allen key etc to tighten it all up. I would have loved it to be Honda OEM specs but I cant complain as things (after alot of stuffing around) did fit ok and makes the bike look great.

Overall Experience & Final Comments: 9/10
The guys are suretribe are always quick to respond to queries and generally speaking, I am happy with the process. Since I am a perfectionist, I would have liked the quality checking at the factory to be a bit better so others dont have to drill out holes etc like i did to make it fit, but other than that I am happy with everything and would recommend using them to others who would or might be considering changing fairings etc.

BEFORE / AFTER PICS

Before

After

**** COMPLETED REVIEW ****

Last edited by hyperdallas; 03-06-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-02-2015, 12:52 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101

Garage
Re: After Market Fairings Purchase

What bike do you have, what is the condition of your current fairing, why are you making this purchase, who did you buy from, and how much did you spend? Look forward to your review.

PS- pics of your bike prior to the change over?

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 10 Old 02-12-2015, 8:33 PM

Hey Hyperdallas,

What an excellent idea. I too have recently purchased new fairings for my project bike so, if you don't mind, I will replicate your post and populate with the information specific to my scenario to build the KB for the readers:

(COMPLETED) PURCHASE 9/10

Purchased: White Glossy ABS Fairing With Tank Cover Kit Fit HONDA CBR600F2 1991-1994 22 A7
Purchased For: CBR600 F2 1993
Cost: $713.91 AUD (Circa 549 USD + screwy paypal exchange rate)
Purchased From: Bliss-star-express (EBay)
Purchased On: 30/01/15

Comments:
I made contact via ebay email prior to committing to purchase as I had spent considerable hours trawling the web for fairing suppliers. A lot of the remarks on others made it apparent some would be very thin and poor fitment, some even shipping with "free ends to be welded onto the inside of the fairings to line up with you bike frame for better fitment" (DODGY BROTHERS!!). A lot of others did not show the fairings in pieces so I felt could not be trusted. This one seemed to suggest protective packaging and boxing for shipment and overall seemed to display more information, they were also the most expensive. The cost factor and sellers location was a concern. I made contact and after a number of emails back and forth, the supplier was able to customize the fairings with additional logos etc as per a VERY CLEAR set of instructions from myself, at no extra cost!. So I elected them and paid up knowing in advance supply to my doorstep could take a month.

(COMPLETE) MANUFACTURING

Manufacturing Started: 31/01/15 - (roughly)
Manufacturing Complete: 10/02/15 - I received advise vie ebay email with photo proofs

Comments:
They did advise, and show, that the logo I wanted on the windscreen had been done incorrectly and asked if I wanted this corrected or sent out. If I wanted this corrected I was advised "we have to wait until march because the manufacturer just started their chinese new year holidays.". As disappointing as this was, I was not interested in waiting that much longer so asked they be shipped regardless and expressed the dissatisfaction given the cost above their competitors

SHIPPING

Shipped: TBA
Arrived (Postcode 4074): TBA
Quality of Packing: TBA
Damage: TBA

Comments:

REVIEWS:

Product Quality: TBA
Fitment: TBA
Overall Experience: TBA
Final Comments: TBA

BEFORE / AFTER PICS
BEFORE
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-14-2015, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

I cant seem to edit my main post anymore? Cause more than one person has responded ???

Can an admin help out?

Last edited by hyperdallas; 02-14-2015 at 11:02 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-14-2015, 12:09 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperdallas View Post
I cant seem to edit my main post anymore? Cause more than one person has responded ???

Can an admin help out?
Posts are only available for edit for about 2 weeks I believe. Then they get locked.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #6 of 10 Old 02-14-2015, 7:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: After Market Fairings Purchase - Discarded

Ok - I'll start a new thread once I have had the time to review and provide feedback on everything...

Could we delete my content then and push out xsesiv's to his own one?
post #7 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 3:11 PM

I have disabled this time limit. You should be able to edit your post indefinitely.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 3:52 PM Thread Starter

Nick, your awesome. thanks.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-06-2015, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi Guys, Just a heads up to let you know I have finished my review and posted pics. Hope it helps others wanting to buy After Market. Thanks.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-03-2015, 2:49 AM

Reputation Power: 14

hey xsesiv are the pics the after shot ,,,and did you do a update on the fitment cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page