Need help with fireblade engine install (Louisiana) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Central USA Regional discussion for members that live in Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-29-2012, 1:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need help with fireblade engine install (Louisiana)

Sup guys, just crossing over to motorbikes recently and picked up a good 99 chasis. Picked up a freshly rebuilt motor and am in need of a little help. I have no honda specific tools and will be doing this install solely from the manual. What i'm looking for is for someone in the area to maybe come by and give me a hand. If you have motorbike tools thats even better. Just want to get the motor installed proper so i can move onto refreshing other things (tires, brakes, etc) I am willing to PAY for help just can't really afford dropping off at a shop and dealing with labor costs. Hit me up if you are available! I'm in baton rouge in sherwood forest! Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-29-2012, 3:50 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Need help with fireblade engine install (Louisiana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by influxsteven View Post
Sup guys, just crossing over to motorbikes recently and picked up a good 99 chasis. Picked up a freshly rebuilt motor and am in need of a little help. I have no honda specific tools and will be doing this install solely from the manual. What i'm looking for is for someone in the area to maybe come by and give me a hand. If you have motorbike tools thats even better. Just want to get the motor installed proper so i can move onto refreshing other things (tires, brakes, etc) I am willing to PAY for help just can't really afford dropping off at a shop and dealing with labor costs. Hit me up if you are available! I'm in baton rouge in sherwood forest! Thanks guys!
You don't need any Honda tools or any motorcycle-specific tools.
8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 22mm and 27mm sockets and ring spanners, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys, and a good long phillips screwdriver should be fine. Some extra-long needle-nose pliers can be very useful for hooking up throttle cables and such things.
Some bikes need a few specific sockets like 21mm, 24mm, 30mm, 32mm and 36mm for axles, sump plugs and such.
And occasionally you might need a large allen key for axles or gallery plugs but it's quick and easy to make those by welding a nut onto a bolt with a washer between them.
For dealing with clutch and swingarm pivot nuts the tools are very easily made out of the unused half-inch sockets often included in socket sets (9mm, 11mm, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 23mm, 25mm, 26mm and all the imperial junk) using an angle grinder.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Central USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page