HELP - need weekend trip ideas in the South East
OK, I could use some ideas. My SO and I will be taking this weekend off to travel a little bit, and get away from here. I need some ideas, to include the following parameters:
- no more than 4-8 hours' ride from Charleston, SC (OBX, Daytona, the Gap are all within that constraint)
- nice accomodations (she doesn't like to rough it), ideally a B & B, for Friday and Saturday night
- amusement park and/or some type of thrill ride (parachuting, rappelling, spelunking, etc.); Six Flags Over Georgia sounds good...
- ideally some scenic riding
One possible itinerary:
- leave CHS for ATL around 5-6PM on Friday, spend the night at a nice hotel/B & B
- spend most of the day at Six Flags
- head out for the Gap, spend the night there
- ride around the Gap area, coming back to CHS in the late evening/night
Another one might include Carowinds, also hitting the Gap some time. Yet another would be at OBX instead of the Gap, etc etc etc
Suggestions? Sights to see? Help???