Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Tennessee ROLL CALL!?!

8K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  iyaoyas98 
#1 ·
Now that we have a regional forum.......who's from TN? Let's get a roll call. Please list: East, Middle, West and/or any other info you want list. I know there are at least 2 other TN .orgers here....

02Fblade (Donald) from (middle TN) Nashville. Favorite local run 70N (Carthage to Baxtor)

#4 ·
Hey, FBT here, not a true TN local, but an import from Toronto, Canada. Currently working in Knoxville, living in Alcoa...45 min. to the gap, including a nice warm up ride through the foothills parkway...(at least half of it for now)

#6 ·
Chain said:
Hi, Chain from extreme western Iowa, about 1,000 miles (14 hours) from the Gap and seriously jealous of you guys!
I am actually going for a little toot to the Gap tomorrow (Sunday) around 11 ish in the morning. Anyone else coming??

#10 ·
I have a good friend that lives in TN, but does not ride. However, I am 6 hours north of Chain, who I thought lived in Omaha, but extreme western IA means Council Bluffs, unless he commutes a long distance, as I did from Denison.

So, I guess that means I live in Minnesnowta, hate the cold, but can't move because of my business, am EXTREMELY jealous of y'all living in the South because I lived for 11 years in SC, rode bikes in the NC/SC/FL area, know how good you got it, and can't get decent (or even indecent) GRITS here up north. Add that to the fact that I cannot ride for the next 4 to 5 months and you'll understand why I am so pi**ed this time of year.

It's okay. Retirement will come...someday. And when it does, I'll be moving next door to you so I can ride yearlong. Heyall, I might even bring Chain along with me.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

#13 ·
NinerPilot said:
Chris from Mt. Juliet (Middle) Fav run? 70 to 30 to Chereholla(?) to the gap and back..... :cycle: :nod:
Chris

Ouch...too long for me to ride to the Gap from Nashville! I didn't even go the the gap this year. No biggie....I don't do that much street riding anymore.

#15 ·
Armand from Middle TN (Chattanooga). Fav run? Ocoee to Reliance (30) to Tellico Plains (315/39) to Robinsville, NC (via Cherohalla - 165/143). Only 2.5 hours to the Gap and loving it!

#17 ·
maxib said:
...and can't get decent (or even indecent) GRITS here up north.
Next time I go to the Waffle House, I'll pack you some grits. If you're nice, I'll throw in a dozen palmetto bugs so you have something to crunch on :p

#18 ·
Hey... Nashville(Brentwood) here. Just got a 929 a few weeks ago. Ready for it to warm up so I can get the feel for it. I have to agree with you all, the gap is fun as crap... only been once, went last summer with some guys i ride with. Normally i ride in the Liepers Fork area and stuff... they're some o.k. twisties down there. Take is ez Chris

#20 ·
02FBlade said:
We'll have to get a ride together come spring time....
Yeah, thats cool.... just put on a jardine 3/4 titanium system and a pcIIIr and had it tuned at honda of cool springs. Went from (hp/torque) 127.xx/67.xx to 135.xx/71.xx a lot more power in the midrange. Now I'm just trying to get the feel for it, still used to my F3... but a friend of mine I ride with just got some new tires on his zx9 so he's takin it ez the next couple of times we go riding.... thats a good thing so I can get the feel for it before I try pushing myself. Now i'm having to be easier rolling on the throttle in the turns... as im sure you know. Anyways... I like it so far. I'll try to let ya know when the next time we're going riding, weather permitting of course... take it ez - Chris

#22 ·
For a street ride I need as much advise notice as possible....normally it's setup for the track & not legal.

I'm going down to Jenningsgp.com in March for the SST track day if anyone want's to join me.

#23 ·
02FBlade said:
For a street ride I need as much advise notice as possible....normally it's setup for the track & not legal.

I'm going down to Jenningsgp.com in March for the SST track day if anyone want's to join me.

I am booked for the 13/14 at Jennings... I guess I will see you there!!!

#26 ·
Yeah one of the guys I ride with sometimes has a 51, but he's selling it(i think). He's got his heart set on the new R1, but he's also gonna look at the zx10 and the 1000rr. I like the sound of the v-twin... sounds mean. If you wanna listen to something mean... dont make me revvv my xr50 ... lol. Any of you guys got 50's? I'd like to go to jennings sometime. Take it ez... Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.