JUST A WARNING TO ALL - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Eastern USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont, Washington DC, West Virginia.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

JUST A WARNING TO ALL

THIS IS JUST A WARNING TO STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA POWER SPORTS ON ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL IN ORLANDO FL.

Here is my story:
So I took my 07 600rr in perfect working condition up to a local dealer to trade up for a web advertised used 08 1000rr. Had the bike for 6 days and the crank case started making a ticking sound.
I took the 1000rr back to the dealer and showed them what is up, me being an idiot didn't buy an extended warranty. However, the dealer said honda has a recall on 08 engine noise and might cover it. So they took my bike apart, inspected everything, ordered a few parts to replace some worn out clutch pieces. Reassembled and still making the noise.
Next the dealer took photos and a video and sound clip of the motor and sent it off to honda for review. Honda took 5 days to respond and stated that the noise I have is not the noise they're going to cover.
So now it's been over 3 weeks, bike is still at dealership. Honda told the dealer to check a few additional parts or spec. turns out the mainshaft in transmission is bent. part #23211-MFL-000, in order to replace it they are going to need to remove the motor from my bike.

Dealer says since no warranty was purchased it's on me to pay 1100 bucks to get a bike i owned for 6 days fixed. My 600 had 15k miles on it, original clutch, I've been on dirt bikes since i was 9 years old, I know how to ride a bike. Shouldn't the dealer inspect the 1000 for these types of issues before selling it to the public?

Hey guys Finally have an update:

so after having my bike for 46 days, the dealer finally fixed the problem, mainshaft in the transmission was bent somehow. 1200 bucks later it's fixed, however the check engine light is on because of the exhaust servo is not reading correctly. They ordered the part but it wasn't in yet. Told me i could take it, ride it, then bring it back when it came in. But the best part isn't over yet....
3 days after getting it back there is a massive oil puddle under the bike, i check and it looks like the oil pan is leaking like a mofo. I call em up and they say we're only 6 miles from your house, can u ride it in. As it's warming up to ride it to them coolant starts pouring onto my driveway. You have no idea how pissed i was. I have no other transportation so I rode it there. They kept my bike for another week, not returning my calls when I was calling them daily. Finally they delivered the bike again today. I told them I'd never step foot on their property ever again. Pulled all fairings to check their work, looks much better now, no leaks, new fluids, rode it 100 miles, and she's good to go i hope. shifts like brand new.

Moral of the story. STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL FLROIDA POWER SPORTS ON ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL, ORLANDO FL. ONE OF THE GUYS THAT WORKS THERE WHO I BECAME FRIENDS WITH, I WONT NAME HIM, TOLD ME THEIR COME BACK RATE FOR WORK IS TREMENDOUS, THEY HAVE HARLEY TECHS WORKING ON SPORT BIKES. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-10-2012, 7:56 PM

Re: JUST A WARNING TO ALL

Hey man thanks for the heads up and next time I am in florida (near Orlando) I will be sure as hell to stay away from that place. Does sound like a buyers nightmare
post #3 of 3 Old 01-10-2012, 9:27 PM
V65

Re: JUST A WARNING TO ALL

Yeah I heard about these guys before, best thing to do is check all the online reviews you can BEFORE you go in for service. I'd take this obscure post and put it where people will see it, Yahoo, Yelp, BBB.org, Merchantcircle, etc.
Just because it's a dealer, you will NOT find quality work or inspection, because they hire the people fresh from school for lowest pay. Try independent cycle shops that have been around 25 years, like Frank's Cycle Shop in Melbourne. I take every bike there I buy and say "Hey Warren, check it out for me and do whatever it needs, thanks."
I get it back fast, and never once have I been disappointed. Try that phrase at a dealership and you'll need a Sam's Club sized jar of Vaseline and Preperation H to get through the invoice.

My experience with this place (In Kissimee, FL) was high pressure salespeople trying to shove me into a small Can Am that was part of sun baked inventory of a ATV dealership that closed it's doors. The model year was 2006, already 5 years old. They went on and on how superior the ATV was, in spite of being obsolete by today's models, and how much money I'd save, compared to "new". KBB says different. They avoided telling me the flaws on every model they had, even when asked directly. I knew what I was looking at and didn't let on, so they will take anyone walking into the door without conscience. If he said "Hey, this has some poor reviews on the differential, depending on how you plan to use it, you could benefit by the newer design of the 2011 models." Instead he bashed every other brand out there. Anyone knows Can Am is not in the top position of ATV sales and reliability.

I can only imagine how crappy their service department is with such unethical practices in the sales department.

Last edited by V65; 01-10-2012 at 9:33 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Eastern USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page