Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2002 CBR954 connector identification

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  CRZ954 
#1 ·
This is my first time on the forum. There is a lot of great information. I just picked up a 2002 954 this weekend. It was partial disassembled and I am putting it back together. I have identified all of the hoses and most of the wiring connectors, but I have one connector that I cannot figure out. The connector in question is coupled with the Map connector that plugs into the bottom of the air box. It looks similar to the Blue TP connector but it is Grey instead of blue. I cannot find anything to plug into near the plug. The bike does not have the emission servo and has a power commander. I am attaching a picture of the connector and a picture of the plug in the wiring diagram. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Kame thank you for responding. In the second picture the smaller of the 2 plugs is a 2 pole plug and that does plug into the bottom of the air box. The other plug which looks to be a 3 pole plug is the one I cannot figure out. I only saw one plug in on the air box. I am wondering if I am missing something on the bike or if this plug is not used on a non California bike? Thank you Jon

#8 ·
You are correct there are 2 plug in connections on the bottom of the airbox. I did not see the MAP sensor which is the plug I was trying to find a home for. I need to go home and look to see if the MAP sensor is missing or if I am just blind and didn’t see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.