Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

My ABS blade won't idle

982 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  COBRA90GT 
#1 ·
Morning everyone. My 2010 fireblade's (ABS) dash lights are all on, including the brights. But no headlights are on, rearlights are orange and the bike dies after i start it as soon as i realease the ignition switch. Please help.

#3 ·
But it seems to be starting okay from cranking over.

My first thought was a short in the ignition switch because that's where the cut out seems to stem from. However, I'm not that good with electrics.

Or mechanicals.

Or suspension.

I am great at cleaning though:smile.

#5 ·
I don't believe it's the battery as the ignition turns and the bike starts fine as long as i hold in the start switch the bike idles. When i leave the start switch it cuts off, but nothing works. No front or rear lights, horn don't work. Your thought might be possible too, i thought it might be due to the ABS being faulty and so it goes into safe mode?

#6 ·
. . . i thought it might be due to the ABS being faulty and so it goes into safe mode?
I have a bike with the newer, not the older ABS systems. From what I have learnt though, I think when the ABS goes into safe mode, it only disables the ABS system itself which gives the effect of brakes returning to a normal 'non-ABS' status.

You might be best to get it to a dealer or technician who can probe a multimeter across various points for a quick - yet potentially expensive - resolution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.