MORE ELECTRICAL ISSUES - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Electronics Discussion of Motorcycle Related GPS, Audio, Video, Radar Detectors, Lap Timers, Communicators, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-29-2012, 7:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

MORE ELECTRICAL ISSUES

SO I HAD POSTED IN A THREAD THAT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BIKE TURNING OFF WHEN I FLIPPED MY SWITCH, AND SOMEBODY TOLD ME TO PULL THE FUSE AND SEE IF THE BIKE WOULD TURN ON. IT DID OF COARSE, THEN TRIED TO FIGURE WHAT THE GROUNDING ISSUE WAS SO I TOOK OFF THE SUB-HARNESS TO THE LIGHTS AND CHECKED EVERY WIRE BUT DID NOT FIND ANYTHING TO BE A PROBLEM. BUT WHEN I HOOKED IT BACK UP TO THE GROUND BOX, IT WOULD WORK UNLESS I DID ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
1. WHEN THE PLUG WAS NOT HOOKED TO THE LIGHT IN THE CENTER BUT NOT ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS WHICH MADE ME THINK THAT IT WAS A SHORT BUT DIDNT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE WIRING.
2. I DIDNT FLIP THE SWITCH TO BRIGHT LIGHTS OR TRIED USING THE TURN SIGNAL BECAUSE IT WOULD KILL THE BIKE WHILE RUNNING.
ANOTHER ISSUE THAT I AM NOTICING IS WHEN I TRY TO USE THE TURN SIGNAL THE BIKE WILL SHUT OFF BUT WHEN I PUSH TO RESET THE SIGNAL THE BIKE WOULD RUN LIKE NORMAL.
I HAVE MY IDEA WHAT I THINK IT IS BUT JUST WANT TO HEAR IF ANYBODY HAS RUN INTO THIS ISSUE BEFORE OR MIGHT HAVE NO WHAT IT MIGHT BE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page