Misc. 929 Parts - still cleaning out the garage! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
For Sale Sell motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-30-2007, 9:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Misc. 929 Parts - still cleaning out the garage!

Hey guys, I have just a handful of my 929 parts still around.

I'd like to sell these in combinations if possible, or the whole grab bag.

I've had 100% rating as a seller and a long time member (or was, haven't been around much since I sold my 929).

I've sold my PitBull stands, tires, levers, etc., do a search and ask the buyers (if they don't mind) about our transactions. I've taken a beating on shipping to make sure the transactions went as fast and smoothly as possible. I will try and be more accurate (for my sake) on shipping costs.

OK, so here we go...

I have smoked Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen ($79.00) with Ron Ayers threaded rubber grommets ($30.00) installed so if you swap screens you don't have to pull off those grommets and reinstall. I also have the original Honda 929 wind screen.
Zero Gravity Double Bubble (smoked) with threaded grommets = $65.00 + Shipping.
Honda OEM wind screen = $40.00 + Shipping

Sliders...Yo Yo Dyne sliders that have an eye hook attachment that threads on for transport stability, (I'll post pics on the Dyno) and nylon sliders from Yo Yo Dyne that thread as well. These are pretty cool and get a lot of looks/questions when you pull the bike off the trailer and unthread the transport hooks and thread on the sliders, great condition - obviously never tested.
Yo Yo Dyne sliders and eye hook attachments = $70.00 + shipping

Authentic Honda 2000-2001 CBR929RR Manual. I can't believe this manual costs me $70.00, but it was very helpful, great condition.
Honda 2000-2001 CBR929RR Manual = $35.00 + shipping

Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch
Great book covering track day throttle control, braking, steering, etc. Beautiful color photos of cool bikes and leaned over situations.
Perfect condition, very cool book. I'll throw this in on a combination order, paid $25.00.

Honda 2001 CBR929RR OEM Filter and filter wrench, will throw in on a combination order or sell for $30.00 + shipping.

Barely Used Teknic Racing Gloves - (I painted the "bling" chrome with black touch up vehicle paint). Paid like $100 but was always too tight on me and I tried but I liked my other set of Teknics better even though they were worn beyond repair. Teknic Kevlar Racing gloves size Medium = $35.00 + shipping.

Never basically used - CoolGear Racing/Riding Gloves. Great ventilation, decent protective areas, light, comfortable, etc. Size Large (tight Large/loose Medium)
Paid $60.00, sell for $25.00 or throw in on large combination order.

10 piece Husky T-Handle Metric Allen Wrenches - great for the 929, especially the 5mm, 8mm, etc. This set covered everything I did on my 929.
Can't remember how much I paid originally, sell for $25.00 + shipping.

I also throw in some mirror cover plates ($25.00) for the track day on large combination orders, oh and Intuitive Frame Sliders ($30.00?).

Make me some combo offers or take absolutely everything for $225.00 + Shipping.

Zero Gravity Double Bubble with threaded grommets
OEM Wind Screen
Yo Yo Dyne Sliders w/eye hook attachments
Honda Manual
Sport Riding Technique Book
929 Oil Filter and Filter Wrench
Teknic Racing Gloves
Coolgear Gloves
10 Piece T-Handle Metric Set
Mirror Cover Plates
Intuitive Frame Sliders

PayPal preferred, money orders accepted but no shipping until received and cleared. Absolutely no foreign shipping, US only.

Check the pics out, private message me with questions or offers.

Note: Due to friggin' Surf Control, I don't have access during work hours Eastern Time 7:00am - 4:00pm EST, but will answer as soon as I can.
AND, if there is a lot of bargaining going on, be patient...I'm really hoping to ship all of this in one sale, if not I'll look for the most that I can sell with minimal shipments.

Let's see how many pics I can post...

Thanks to all you new members for looking!
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00221.JPG‎   DSC00223.JPG‎   DSC00224.JPG‎   DSC00225.JPG‎  

DSC00226.JPG‎   929 Parts for sale 020-1.jpg‎   929 Parts for sale 016.jpg‎   Dyno1.jpg‎  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-30-2007, 9:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: Misc. 929 Parts - still cleaning out the garage!

Oh, here's the Teknic and CoolGear gloves.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00227.JPG‎  
post #3 of 12 Old 07-30-2007, 10:56 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Send a message via AIM to hotnanas

nice price on the manual...i'd pick it up if you go for $25 shipped...i've been buying too much stuff on this site lately and have to slow down...(sorry if that's a major lowball)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 2:41 AM

Reputation Power: 20

ya won't ship to toronto huh. i want the manual and i'd take the racing technique book, and oil filter ( but don't need the wrench). oh well.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 9:34 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Send a message via AIM to hotnanas

ya, that manual is golden...if I didn't already have one it'd be mine at that price!

free bump
post #6 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Sliders...Yo Yo Dyne sliders that have an eye hook attachment that threads on for transport stability, (I'll post pics on the Dyno) and nylon sliders from Yo Yo Dyne that thread as well. These are pretty cool and get a lot of looks/questions when you pull the bike off the trailer and unthread the transport hooks and thread on the sliders, great condition - obviously never tested.
Yo Yo Dyne sliders and eye hook attachments = $70.00 + shipping
I'm interested in these. They should work for a 954, correct?

2002 954 Full Ohlins, Galfer Wave Front Rotors, Scotts Damper, MIG High Mount, 16/45 520 Conversion...Sweeeeet

1996 CBR600F3 Smokin Joe's Edition
Gets good MPG...
post #7 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 9:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davef View Post
I'm interested in these. They should work for a 954, correct?
I'll tell you the truth..I don't know. I know the 929 had the longer bolt on one side and shorter on the other, not sure about the 954.

Thanks for the replies so far (and the free bump!).

Even if you don't get mine, check out the Yo Yo Dyne sliders, they're so cool. Some members ragged on them that there was possibly too much stress on the threads, but they weren't meant to be the sole support while transporting (although I still transported my 929 many times where the Canyon Dancer loosened up but the Yo Yo Dyne attachments kept the bike nice and sturdy. I loved them.

The threaded grommets on the screen is cool because I used to swap the clear ZG double with the smoked and didn't have to pull out and re-insert those threaded grommets, just convenience I guess.

Anyway, keep the offers coming. If not much happens here I'll throw them up on Ebay.

The Canadian shipping...I don't want to lie and claim as a gift and then hassle with the buyer on shipping costs (not previously with members here but)...although these are lightweight items, I had to re-box large items in the past due to size restrictions, run all over town to USPS and UPS offices, pay the increased shipping because I promised they'd ship that day, etc. Just don't want to deal with the hassle anymore...sorry about that.
It's just much easier to calculate and just ship within the States, no forms, etc.

And sorry but I'm not really thrilled with the hassle of a PayPal transaction fee, shipping (gas), etc., for a single $20.00 transaction. I'll net a cost of maybe a good six pack when it's all said and done...I hope you can relate. I'm not that desperate, I'd rather just give it away to a local Honda 929 rider that will pick it up.

So buy the wind screens (for example) and I'll throw in the cover plates for the mirror holes (for track days) and Intuitive sliders, or buy the Yo Yo Dyne sliders and I'll throw in the CoolGear gloves, buy the manual and filter/wrench and I'll throw in the Sportbike Riding Techniques book, buy the manual/filter/wrench/Intuitive Sliders and I'll throw in the TeKnic gloves, etc. You get the idea...I'm not making a profit, just trying to recoup some small bucks while you get some decent goodies for you or your 929.

Just want to sell these misc. items in batches if possible and get rid of them.

Thanks and be safe out there.

BTW, I'm missing my 929...(sigh)... Oh well.

Dave
post #8 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Here's a pic of the Yo Yo Dyne sliders (eye hook attachments off obviously).

And here's a pic of the 929 in it's prime : )

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/att...00073sized.jpg

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/att...hoto17last.jpg
post #9 of 12 Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 PM

Reputation Power: 17

wanna sell your pipe?

"and when I gun the engine I want it to sound like the world is coming to an end" -Homer Simpson
post #10 of 12 Old 08-03-2007, 9:57 PM Thread Starter

Taking off the forum, putting on Ebay.

Moderator, go ahead and close this thread. Thanks

Last edited by SuperDave; 08-04-2007 at 10:42 AM.
post #11 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 1:27 AM

Oooh, I'll take the pipe, if ufcmotorcycle1 doesn't want it!
post #12 of 12 Old 08-09-2007, 1:07 PM

i need a right side clipon? you go? how muchy? send me a PM or email to [email protected]
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page