929 race head - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
For Sale Sell motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 race head

i have a 2000 929 race head with ferra valves. the head work was done by KWS Racing. i am including a brand new powercommander and Ignition Module with the head. i would like to get $450.00. I have over $500 in head work alone not including the price of the Valves. the head was never installed in the bike. sold bike before work was finished. i will have pics soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: 929 race head

What exactly do you class as a "race" head?
For drag racing or circuit racing and what class compliance?
Is it milled?
Are the valves and seats oversized or recessed?
I don't know what Ferra valves are. Are they special or just standard aftermarket replacements?
Have the combustion chambers been altered?
Intake and/or exhaust ports altered (cut out or built up) for peak power or midrange?
Intakes bored for larger throttle bodies?
Standard springs, guides and retainers?
With or without cams?
Any work done in the oil or coolant galleries?
Drilled for oversized head bolts?
The only pics that would matter would be down the intakes.
I'm about to port a head for my racebike so I'm seriously interested if yours can save me the time but I need to know _exactly_ what has been done to it.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 3 Old 05-21-2008, 7:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 929 race head

What exactly do you class as a "race" head?
For drag racing or circuit racing and what class compliance?
Is it milled?
Are the valves and seats oversized or recessed?
I don't know what Ferra valves are. Are they special or just standard aftermarket replacements?
Have the combustion chambers been altered?
Intake and/or exhaust ports altered (cut out or built up) for peak power or midrange?
Intakes bored for larger throttle bodies?
Standard springs, guides and retainers?
With or without cams?
Any work done in the oil or coolant galleries?
Drilled for oversized head bolts?
The only pics that would matter would be down the intakes.
I'm about to port a head for my racebike so I'm seriously interested if yours can save me the time but I need to know _exactly_ what has been done to it.

"This is not a drag race head"

This is a modified milled and ported cylinder head. The floors have been puddy'd and reshaped to build more pressure around valve head. The port work blends the best top end without the sacrifices of mid range when altering to extreme cam timing. The Valve guides are all brand new with less than 400 street miles on them since replace. All of the valve seats were cut by Kevin Hunt of KWS motorsports on his Serdi machine.

There has been no boring of these intake ports. They run on the stock OEM throttle bodies.

We were going to raise the floor of the exhaust port for better bottom end, but could not have the work done locally. It needs to be welded by pro to be done correctly. We compromised with an exhaust gasket we created that showed no significant gains in power.

The valves are stainless. They work well with nitrous oxide and will withstand prolonged track use better than any titanium valves. Very little gain in using titanium valves and keepers. 2 hp maybe if that. A lot cheaper to replace if you have problems. Milled head .040" With JE 12.5 - 1 pistons that are of 1mm over bore brought us compression ratio of 13.25 /1 = 210lb's compression

It runs on pump gas just fine.

This is a mild ported head that when used with the correct cam timing and web cam will produce around 146-152 hp. Not a screamer drag head. A well thought out roadrace head for all the super happy fast go go fun to happen at the twist of the wrist on the street. Torque wins, in the real world.

Any other questions call :
Derek King
[email protected]
"Head / Engine Builder"

Last edited by brian'scbr1000; 05-21-2008 at 7:38 PM. Reason: Spelling / number
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page