FS: 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
For Sale Sell motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-07-2009, 6:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

FS: 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport

Up for sale is a 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650, with 13,790 miles on the clock and counting.
It's not a trailer queen, like so many others you'll find out there.

This bike gets ridden, and properly maintained, not polished for show...

It's a comfortable, long distance runner, with some off-road capability.

The previous owner decided that the factory green was not his favorite color, and therefore provided the custom Krylon black, that you see.

All of the maintenance has been kept up.

To the best of my knowledge, this bike has never been down, crashed, or abused, but it shows scratches and abrasions, common with normal use.

Common maintenance done: Recent oil change, sprockets and chain replaced recently, the Distanzias have about 1200 miles on them, and have plenty of life left in them, the valves were checked at 13k, and were within factory specs.

A few upgraded maintenance items: The previous owner replaced the doohickey, (for the uninitiated, google "doohickey and klr", there are tons of references), I also installed a thermobob (again, google is your friend).

Farkles that go with the bike: Heated grips, grip puppies, (foam grip covers which help reduce vibrations), SW Motech engine crash guards, fold away highway pegs, custom aluminum bash plate, larger footpegs, (also have the stock ones), Acerbis brush guards, Pro Taper hi rise atv bars, KTM sumo front fender, (Stock fender will go with the bike, as well), happy trails fork brace, HID's on high and low beams, (the high beam is great for spotting deer way down the road), (HID kits are plug and play, and can easily be swapped back out for stock halogen bulbs), extra bright flickering LED brake light, LED turn signals, atv seat pad, Dirt Bagz ballistic nylon saddle bags, Givi monolock top case, and mount plate. Please note, I've misplaced the key for the Givi, but have a replacement lockset and key on order, that should be here shortly.

Reason for selling, thinning the heard, and buying a house.

The bike is paid for, and I have a clean title in hand.

Asking $4200.00 or best reasonable offer.

The buyer is responsible for pickup.

Must have full cash balance in my hand, show proof of insurance, and motorcycle endorsement, for test ride.

Pics:

Missing corner of fairing, is only real noticible squawk with the fairings, besides the paint:

Rear tire:

Front tire:

Walk around with HID low beam on:
KLR 650 :: KLR Walkaround video by chevyman962000 - Photobucket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page