Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Looking at 93 900RR are parts available?

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  bladeracer 
#1 ·
Hello,
New to the forum but have had 99 900RR and 954 in the past. Been looking for another and came across a 1993 900RR with 48,000 miles for $900. I would want to rebuild the engine and get the bike looking new again but I would like to know if I'm going to run into parts problems.
Can anyone let me know if parts are still available for this year in enough numbers to do the engine and restore the rest of the bike?
Thanks!

#2 ·
I would expect the engine parts to be available with no problems, if it needs anything. Plastics are likely to be the hardest pieces to find I would think.

#4 ·
Unless something has actually failed I'd be surprised at just 48,000 miles if any engine parts are significantly worn, except perhaps the rings. They do have cast iron bores back then though so an overbore might freshen her up nicely. But I'd expect a hone and fresh rings to be sufficient.

#6 · (Edited)
the overbore is sweet!!! I have a 94:p:eyebrows::cool: parts are easy!!! it's up grading to later stuff, that will run you a buck or two!!!
O yea mine has 57,800 or so!!! and runs great!!!! like a beast!!!!!!! got her at 50,000!!! in 10/29/2011!!! have not had to do anything but oil, tires, ect, tune up stuff!! and now chain and sprockets after 7000mi thou!!! I'm changing mine a bit now so I'm into it 1000$ or so in fun stuff!!! mine was not stock when I got it... it ran me 1,800$ and was worth ever penny:smilebig::eyebrows::cool:

#7 ·
i just built my 95 900rr engine. all parts were readily available RonAyers has best pricing i found anywhere but they messed up my order twice. So im sticking with bike bandit for now on.
parts are a lil pricey. if you bore and put new pistons i say get them from ronayers like 30 bucks a piece vs 45 or so from bike bandit.
if you order from ronayers tripple check with correct year parts they are gonna send. like i said they got me twice and didnt wanna do anything to help...

GOOD LUCK ON THE BUILD!

#11 ·
No.....getting on it this Saturday. Had to grab a battery. I have road for years and have had a 99 RR and a 954 so I am should be able to tell if there is a problem. But if anybody has some tips let them fly....I'm always looking for more knowledge.
Thanks!

#14 ·
Before opening up a running engine I like to do compression, leakdown and oil pressure tests to give me some indications of what I'm going to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.