Decision between two bikes. Help? :D - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 2:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Decision between two bikes. Help? :D

So for the past several months or so I've been seriously debating what my next bike will be. After careful consideration of many bikes I've narrowed it down to two; the Daytona 675 or a CBR1000rr.
I've been a Honda rider since the beginning, so far owning 5. I've created a pros and cons list for my own personal reference but I always love to hear what others have to say, your input will definitely be taken seriously!

Daytona 675
Pros: Engine Sound, Oldest motorcycle manufacturer, slightly exotic, great styling, slightly rare, super light and flickable, reliable.
Cons: Not a literbike, not a Honda like I'm used to, no literbike thrill, relatively safer on streets than a literbike.

CBR1000rr (08 - present)
Pros: Literbike, lovably fast, racing heritage, considerably light, pretty nice styling, reliable, wanting to make some killer upgrades to it, is really familiar to me.
Cons: Nervous about the power, might be unsafe at first, not entirely exotic, not nearly as interesting of an engine sound, Honda might come out with an updated Fireblade soon?

Thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 3:46 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Re: Decision between two bikes. Help? :D

Judging by the "Nervous about the power, might be unsafe at first" comment, would this be your first litre bike? Just be warned that once you go to 1000cc, you never go back

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #3 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 4:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky91 View Post
Judging by the "Nervous about the power, might be unsafe at first" comment, would this be your first litre bike? Just be warned that once you go to 1000cc, you never go back

Believe it or not it isn't. When I was 18 I had an 06' Fireblade but I jumped the gun a little too early. Now with a couple more years of riding under my belt I think I'm ready to tackle it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 4:51 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Get the blade then

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #5 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 4:55 PM

Reputation Power: 7

What kind of riding do you do is the main question because they are two completely different bikes on riding? Also how big are you because the triumph is an extremely small bike?
post #6 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 4:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqcbr954 View Post
What kind of riding do you do is the main question because they are two completely different bikes on riding? Also how big are you because the triumph is an extremely small bike?
Well I'm 6'1" and I weigh about 155 lbs. (I try to keep myself in shape) I do some street riding but I recently raced on my 600rr in a Wera race and won so I plan to do some more racing in the future. But yeah the Triumph is hard for me to sit on sometimes. I feel like I don't have enough room to tuck as well as I want to.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 5:11 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Well there you go get the cbr you will fit it a lot better and be able to ride longer distances also!
post #8 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 5:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

I would go with the 1KRR. I was admittedly a little nervous when stepping up to my 954 after 3 years of not riding, and coming from a 600RR. I took it easy with the throttle and learned how the bike behaves, and now I'm glad I bought it. Handles better than my 600 did, much more power though controllable, and the power delivery of the bigger bikes seems more linear. The smaller bikes seem to lack power up to a certain RPM then you get that huge "punch" of power. The literbikes don't really seem to do that half as bad. Given when you hit 7 or 8k revs you will feel an increase in power, but not as dramatically as their little brothers. Just remember to take it easy with the throttle and you'll be fine.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #9 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 6:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 26

The 675 is a nice little bike, but as soon as you get it you will want a major rework of the front end.
post #10 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 6:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

If you do a lot of track days and whatnot, I've heard the Daytona 675 is a thrill like no other. That being said, it is not the most street friendly bike.(ie: low clip ons, cramped ergos, etc...). The Fireblade has a lot more power and torque, obviously, but in a heavier, bulkier package. I'm personally a fan of useable, lower rpm torque, which is why I like the 954.

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
2002 954
post #11 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 6:50 PM

lots of good feedback fellas...im a Honda tech and rider, but im also a Triumph tech. i own a 01' 929 and work on the 675's often, which means i test ride em after each job. this is a tuff call man...BUT if it isnt the 675R...go with the Honda with no questions asked...i will say, if you get the opportunity to ride or own the 675R...keep an open mind or it will get blown away...that thing is AMAZING!
post #12 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 8:51 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Ninja 250 FTW
post #13 of 21 Old 08-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Daytona, easy. Honda's quality just isn't as good as other makes. (Coming from a 08 cbr1000rr owner) I want a 600 again. I'd trade straight across, my cbr for a daytona anyday!
post #14 of 21 Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspooner09 View Post
Daytona, easy. Honda's quality just isn't as good as other makes. (Coming from a 08 cbr1000rr owner) I want a 600 again. I'd trade straight across, my cbr for a daytona anyday!
Are you kidding? Honda's quality is BETTER than the other manufacturers......just talk to the Kawasaki guys about quality.

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
2002 954
post #15 of 21 Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 AM

I don't do drugs. Just saying based off my experience with all other makes. Honda just doesn't seem as solid as the others. But I will say your right aboud kawi. I didn't think about them cuz I don't even consider them as a potential buying market for me. Honda's great when it comes to power and performance but you gotta agree that the body is a ltl flimsy. Maybe it's just my bike. Idk. I love my Honda, shes fast as hell. But I miss my gsxr cuz her body didn't fall apart at high speeds. Honda needs to add a just a few more screws to hold it together a ltl bit better, then I'd 100% agree with you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page