Help Tips Noises Popping - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 3:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 36

Help Tips Noises Popping

Before you post a thread about how badly your bike runs and how it did run great. now its slower makes noises it never did before.
Check your bike over fluid levels tire pressure CHAIN

I haven't wanted to say anything but seen quite a few people, Slow enough to not check for chain slap or even not beable to hear that's what it is.??

Some people dont need these machines if they can't see or feel a loose chain? And get on here 4 pages worth this and that over a loose chain... come the F%@K on man. Really.

People look your bike over before wasteing our time for your ignorance of motorcycle maintenance!

Thanks and have a great day! :-)

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM

Reputation Power: 7

Re: Help Tips Noises Popping

I agree with you for the most part. Although not all people know much about motorcycles and are trying to learn. That being said yes it is annoying seeing a bunch of posts about the same stuff every day but I just hope the new guys learn something from here and use it for the rest of their lives! I remember when I first started I did not know exactly how to check chain tension and everything, you have to start off somewhere!
post #3 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Chain tension is tricky to get right IMO, seems the sweet spot is really quite small! But with you 900

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Chain tension is tricky to get right IMO, seems the sweet spot is really quite small! But with you 900
Some of us are used to finding small sweet spots tho

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

I'm pretty sure this was a drunk post, haha.

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
2002 954
post #6 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 1:21 PM Thread Starter

Well chain tension. Tire pressure oil checking etc are part of maintenance before EVERY ride! Not once a year.
I have seen guys with no brake calipers or lines front or rear. On cbr929 last week. Really????
chain is very easy if it moves up and down more then 1 3/8 of a inch snug her up a bit.
routine maintenance is not a Scary thing but people are not looking at the bikes before the ride then complaining over a loose chain... I just can't get over it. But iv been wrenching and riding since I was knee high to a grasshopper

Hahaa. Yea some of us are used to finding small sweet spot rotfl
and no maverick wasn't a drunk post just more of a rant. Maybe should posted in different section.!??

Anyways I would like it if people looked at their bike before coming here with these sounds and complaints of their ignorance

Rant over

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-16-2013, 4:10 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

I have to give props to 900 here, basic motorcycle street riding 101 is checking these items before every ride, and then a good look over after the ride to make sure nothing's missing. I was out a few years back with a "racer" who led us on a street ride, he pulls up next to me on his "b" bike, a 900rr he races. All 4 axle pinch bolts on the front forks are about to fall out. He was a squid. For those that don't know a squid is a "squirrelly kid" on a bike, or for a more non politically correct description a "motorcycling riding idiot." That was the last time we rode with him. Just saying that is good to be in tune with the bike, riding it or otherwise, and make sure it's squared away when you jump on it.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-16-2013, 6:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
I have to give props to 900 here, basic motorcycle street riding 101 is checking these items before every ride, and then a good look over after the ride to make sure nothing's missing. I was out a few years back with a "racer" who led us on a street ride, he pulls up next to me on his "b" bike, a 900rr he races. All 4 axle pinch bolts on the front forks are about to fall out. He was a squid. For those that don't know a squid is a "squirrelly kid" on a bike, or for a more non politically correct description a "motorcycling riding idiot." That was the last time we rode with him. Just saying that is good to be in tune with the bike, riding it or otherwise, and make sure it's squared away when you jump on it.
Exactly. It crazy the ways and conditions these people ride their bikes. Its insanely stupid not to check your bike out EVERYTIME before a ride. I ride 3-4000 miles a month I check torque specs on eving and I go by my manuals checklist and make notes on findings and what may need attention later.
I always have small honda tool kit. Tire plugs, a rag, zipties electrical tape and pliers.

Saw a guy yesterday his petcock was a constant drip of fuel leaking! And he rode all evening on a ticking time bomb. It scared me. Ill ride on a bald back tire that's about it lol.

Guys you are trusting your life to these motorcycles. Treat them as such and take care. Give them a prostate exam now and then. Be on the safe side for yours and the bikes sake. Not worth a crash or death due to bad maintence or lack there of maintence!

Just be safe everyone give bike atleast 2min visual examination before a ride

post #9 of 9 Old 05-16-2014, 3:33 AM Thread Starter

HHaha remember this thread.. Pheww i saw seemed like a dozen threads where everyone trying to help for pages on in. End result... Drum roll please...
Loose Chain. ReDonkulous

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page