Colour Ideas - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-22-2013, 9:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Colour Ideas

Hey Guys

Got my 03 954 about 4 months ago. Since then I have been spending time removing&replacing/fixing the previous owners ... let's call them "add ons".

Mainly the lack of general mechanical maintenance and cleaning. With all the wear and tear items replaced and spring/summer is on it's way, I figured it might not be a bad idea to plan the spray job as it's best to paint it then.

I'm not the type of guy to change the OEM colours, as they look great AS IS but this bike has nearly 60 000km on the clock and it seems as though this bike was riding on the paint instead of the tires . Some deep scratches and faded paint is a real sore eye and I'd like to get that sorted so...

Maybe you guys can give me some pointers. It's currently black and yellow or yellow and black, whichever way you'd like to call it . I LOVE the little metallic glitter in the yellow paint... I have attached a picture of the day I got it.

I've seen a few white 954's without any decals and it looks good but I want to avoid the whole "custom bike" look.

Thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails
20130422_191311.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage
Re: Colour Ideas

Your original colour is actually going to be yellow on your bike. The decals are what happens to be black. On the 29's and 54's you only need look at the front fender to tell the base colour.

You can order an entire decal set (the important ones) from motosport.com for $350 (ish). You could always strip the current original decals, repaint the yellow, and either put new ones on or have a shop do it (they usually can line 'em up perfect).

Another viable option that will run about the same price, maybe a tad more, would be ebay fairings or on here Ozzy Fairings. They are often made to replicate the stock look as an option. I believe most fairing kits run about $500-$600(usd) shipped for a complete set.

Hopefully this'll help you out if you really want to keep the stock look. The only other option I would give you, or recommend, is to pull the decals off, mask off where they are (shape, size, angles) and spray them on rather than re-apply decals. This keeps the stock look (minus the RR, Fireblade, etc).

Keep us up to speed on where you are heading, and don't forget lots of pictures for whatever you do!!!

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #3 of 16 Old 08-22-2013, 7:19 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Oh I just like black

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 08-23-2013, 4:59 AM Thread Starter

@ RR Demon. Thank you for pointing out the options. I will most definitely keep it posted! Thanks for the advise on identifying the colour.

I'll spend some time on Ebay. I have seen the fairings you're refering to and have read a few posts as well as enquired about them. Apparently some fairings dont line up as nicely as OEM as well as a difference in colour compared to that of the tank. But I'll have a look.

I must say, R350 (ish) for a set of stickers ain't cheap but I'll have a look and see if I can find the same decals.

I really like the spray on recommendation. Using my old stickers is a definite no because stone chips have sand blasted their way through the clear coat and ate away at the sticker. My air-brushing/spray painting aint all that bad and I might just pull it off painting a new sticker. Will consider that.

@ setanta: I think an all black bike looks awesome! The only issue with black is that it can really hide a lot! The 954 has some really aggressive and awesome lines which the yellow or even white shows well. Do you have a black bike and do you find this aswell?

I have attached a pic of the pearly white that inspired (off a ducati) and managed to find a similar looking 954 which I quite like but the colour is off. Let me know what you think of white?
Attached Thumbnails
ducati_1198-wide.jpg‎   7777908016_21a76d2030_c.jpg‎  
post #5 of 16 Old 08-23-2013, 7:00 AM

I must say I like the Castrol colour scheme (I pinched the image - its not my bike).
Attached Thumbnails
$(KGrHqQOKpkFF4L4t0M1BRgTtvBfVw~~60_35.JPG‎  
post #6 of 16 Old 08-23-2013, 7:31 AM

This was my last bike thought it looked great

Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1830.JPG‎  

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #7 of 16 Old 08-24-2013, 12:25 AM

Garage

I need to get the 600RR pics loaded onto my pc and show you hidden =) I loved it thought. Charcoal grey (real deep dark colour), satin clearcoat. I didn't have to run from the police, I would simply get ahead of them a good bit and flip off the key pulling over to the side of the road... they would always drive right by me haulin' arse to catch up, not realizing they just zoomed right past me =)

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #8 of 16 Old 08-25-2013, 12:54 AM

Garage

Well actually, I had one already on the site!!! Sorry for the fuzziness, my 'ole lady took the pic, and it was in a dark garage anyway...

Click image for larger version

Name:	600rr.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	56892

Yup, even the forks were black =)

post #9 of 16 Old 08-25-2013, 2:36 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
This was my last bike thought it looked great
Nice Sentana...that is the color and bike I would want if I was going to stay with the Blades..but I've already decided I'm done with Honda street motorcycles, ... BYE Honda...I won't miss you.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-25-2013, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Well actually, I had one already on the site!!! Sorry for the fuzziness, my 'ole lady took the pic, and it was in a dark garage anyway...

Attachment 56892

Yup, even the forks were black =)
Not as nice as mine but pretty cool

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #11 of 16 Old 08-25-2013, 1:25 PM

Garage

Couldn't touch yours as mine was only a 600 =P Most people said it looked like a stealth fighter. Nice to know that you don't have to have really bright shiny colours on the bike for it to demand a ton of attention. Luckily it was unique enough for all the police to know me in the area that I rode the most, and since I knew all the police as well as they knew my bike, I got away with loads of childish stupidity... Kinda miss the RRDemon actually, but such is life I suppose.

post #12 of 16 Old 08-26-2013, 5:33 AM Thread Starter

@ chrisjlaw: I am not too fond of the racing/sponsor decals. If any, the Repsol colours look quite nice but every second blade here is Repsol/Moviestar.

@ setanta: The black looks good, really good!

@ RRDemon: Any chance you can send me a unfuzzed pic? I'd really like to see it in more detail. The colour looks brilliant! It looks matty in the pic and you mentioned a satin clear coat? Is this what's giving it that matty effect?

... I'm leaning a lot more to the dark side now! LOL. Considering black now...
post #13 of 16 Old 08-26-2013, 6:18 AM

Garage

unfortunately there are only about 3 pictures of that bike ever taken. 2 of them are that fuzzy, and one is only the very top with me and my daughter on it. It was a non-gloss paint (real base coat) topped with a satin clear coat. The satin has a very very slight luster to it, but not enough to actually shine =) The base coat was pretty much real real real dark grey/charcoal.

Edit: That bike existed off the showroom floor for just over a year. I sold it to some d-bag and he burned his house down with the bike in it to collect insurance money. Scam of course, he got caught and is now in prison =)

post #14 of 16 Old 08-26-2013, 6:20 AM

Garage

P.S. Come to the dark side!!! ...we have cookies!

post #15 of 16 Old 08-26-2013, 7:28 AM Thread Starter

@ RRDemon: I'm going to pop into a local paint shop and enquire about the dark charcoal grey (Possibly called Gunmetal?) and the satin clear coat. I assume this was the factory colour if it was straight off the showroom floor?

... Cookies??? Soul Sold...

The nice thing about this colour is you can actually get away without decals and only have the red "Fireblade" sticker on the front cowls. Time to photoshop...

Burnt a fireblade??? Damn...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page