i don't change my name often, but when i do... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-22-2014, 2:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

i don't change my name often, but when i do...

admin allowed me to change "zingpow" to "zingblade" as per my request...I realize that many (most, perhaps all) of you here are more accomplished sport riders than I am but I like how it sounds and have had the idea floating around the great open recesses of my mind for some time...so here 'tis...i AM the most interesting rider in the world...zingblade...

ps...truth be known I'm surely what most of you would consider to be a squid...probably from riding alone (no i don't want to turn left, right, go to meetings, pay dues, or follow some juvenile pecking order) and not learning the proper way of doing things...i am looking for a summer set of riding gear, two piece and will try to improve my riding habits...zb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-22-2014, 4:51 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage
Re: i don't change my name often, but when i do...

Mmmmmmm, I bet you like them french fried petaters......

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2014, 6:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
mmm hmm

Zing you can't be a squid, I believe there's an age limit and you friend, like myself, have passed it. A few years back I made a pass, in a corner, over the double yellows on Hwy 2, at almost twice the posted speed limit. There was a CHP waiting on the other side. I pulled over, listened while he chewed me out for my "suicide" maneuver. It was hot so I took off my helmet and as he saw the gray hair and goatee his tone changed. He stopped talking to me like I was a squid and let me off with a warning. I'm pretty sure he decided I was "over the limit" to be a squid. Age has a few benefits...very few.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 11-22-2014 at 6:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-22-2014, 7:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
taters and titties, oh my my...zb...
post #5 of 5 Old 11-22-2014, 7:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
mmm hmm

Zing you can't be a squid, I believe there's an age limit and you friend, like myself, have passed it. A few years back I made a pass, in a corner, over the double yellows on Hwy 2, at almost twice the posted speed limit. There was a CHP waiting on the other side. I pulled over, listened while he chewed me out for my "suicide" maneuver. It was hot so I took off my helmet and as he saw the gray hair and goatee his tone changed. He stopped talking to me like I was a squid and let me off with a warning. I'm pretty sure he decided I was "over the limit" to be a squid. Age has a few benefits...very few.
I got nailed out on the twisties I frequent the on the vfr the summer before I got the cbr...I passed an unmarked car and saw the lights come on and just pulled over...same deal, I was doing well over 90mph and he said "did you know you were going 75mph, I said no I didn't (and that was the truth)...he asked me if I would slow down, I asked him if he wanted the truth or something that would keep him from issuing me a ticket...he smiled and said, just slow down...

as for being a squid, every description I've heard of them here and other places would put me in their camp, I ride hard but not like an ass hole...I DO NOT ride with shorts on though and never will...I'm an open country rider and rarely enter the city limits...zb...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page