Reissue the 900RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By nigelrb
  • 1 Post By Motleyfan
  • 1 Post By COBRA90GT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 1:24 AM Thread Starter
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 100

Garage
Reissue the 900RR

Was just thinking before I went to bed the other night..........Would a reissue of the 93 900 fly?

Think about it for a moment.

Round eye, carbs, no electronics, simple, classic, awesome.

Retail it for $6000. 4 grand less than a 600RR.

Am I crazy? Oh yeah I am, but whatever

Ok, whatís the point you say? Get the market back. Fantastic bike, priced accordingly.

Maybe make some small tweaks to it:

17Ē front, USD forks, Radial calipers, and for modernizationís sake, maybe just FI it but Iím open to it.

I would like to see the front end stay original save for the front wheel, because I know the USD and Radial calipers will add weight, but I guess itís ok. Maybe find more weight savings in other places

Anyway, just my crazy mind taking over my generally rational thought

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Cafť 900RRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 2:31 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 5

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Re: Reissue the 900RR

It would be a nostalgia bike, Ian. For us enthusiasts, we would express interest, but for the general market and new-to-superbike brigade, I think they'd by hoofing after used Kwakas and R1s for similar money.

I think what would capture the market would be a 'reissue' of the RC30, although I am sure it couldn't be produced within an affordable budget.

And remember, going back to a first bike is like going back to a first girlfriend. The memories are not always pleasurable!!
IanDoohan likes this.

2018 CBR1000RR SP2 / 2011 CBR1000RR / 2004 CBR1000RR / 2003 CBR954RR / 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R / 1985 Honda NS400R
2007 MV F4 1000R
post #3 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 2:57 AM Thread Starter
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 100

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
It would be a nostalgia bike, Ian. For us enthusiasts, we would express interest, but for the general market and new-to-superbike brigade, I think they'd by hoofing after used Kwakas and R1s for similar money.

I think what would capture the market would be a 'reissue' of the RC30, although I am sure it couldn't be produced within an affordable budget.

And remember, going back to a first bike is like going back to a first girlfriend. The memories are not always pleasurable!!
Appreciate your point of view. I would LOVE a ďlow pricedĒ RC30, something thatís not outlandish like itís original 1990 15k price tag (and ditto for the RC45 at $27k in Ď94). Comparatively now, you can get a 1k RR for that price point now. Those bikes could have flown off showroom floors like ZX-7ís, GSXRís and FZR/YZFís if they were priced better. And itís a shame we never got VFR/RVF 400ís here. I would love a gear driven V4 in my stable.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Cafť 900RRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 9:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Only issue besides the factory not wanting to make it probably would be emissions. If they were to sell it as a new bike they would have to meet current emissions standards. May not happen with a carb model. I love the idea though.
IanDoohan likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 7:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

^ Yeah, it would have to be FI because carbs wouldn't allow the bike to pass strict "euro4" emissions standards (when a manufacturer builds a bike for mass market consumption IIRC).
IanDoohan likes this.

-'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
-'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC-51

-'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR
(sold)
-'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page