Will SC33 Petcock fit SC28 Tank? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dualheadlamps
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-12-2019, 2:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-12-2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Will SC33 Petcock fit SC28 Tank?

I've deleted the fuel pump on my SC28 for simplicity and weight. I understand a lot of people simply route the petcock directly to the carbs on SC28s to bypass the pump, but I'd like to do it properly with an OEM vaccuum operated petcock and I thought the SC33 would be a good place to start looking?

I also need a new tank petcock strainer but noticed the SC33 has a different part number than the SC28 for the strainer. Was hoping to just find a complete petcock/strainer assembly form an SC33 and bolt it into my SC28 tank.

Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited by dualheadlamps; 08-12-2019 at 2:29 PM.
dualheadlamps is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 08-12-2019, 9:09 PM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 6,992
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101
                     
Garage
Re: Will SC33 Petcock fit SC28 Tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualheadlamps View Post
I've deleted the fuel pump on my SC28 for simplicity and weight. I understand a lot of people simply route the petcock directly to the carbs on SC28s to bypass the pump, but I'd like to do it properly with an OEM vaccuum operated petcock and I thought the SC33 would be a good place to start looking?

I also need a new tank petcock strainer but noticed the SC33 has a different part number than the SC28 for the strainer. Was hoping to just find a complete petcock/strainer assembly form an SC33 and bolt it into my SC28 tank.

Anyone have experience with this?
I had an SC33 petcock on my 93 due to deleting the fuel pump. It does fit, but the strainer is different because its longer on the SC28 due to a change in the hump on the tank. The SC33 strainer also changes the amount of reserve available due to the length of the brass inlet tube when it comes time to switch over. Its no big deal though, it was never a problem for me. The complete fuel valve assembly if still available from Honda should come with the strainer as well.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 08-12-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-12-2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Will SC33 Petcock fit SC28 Tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
I had an SC33 petcock on my 93 due to deleting the fuel pump. It does fit, but the strainer is different because its longer on the SC28 due to a change in the hump on the tank. The SC33 strainer also changes the amount of reserve available due to the length of the brass inlet tube when it comes time to switch over. Its no big deal though, it was never a problem for me. The complete fuel valve assembly if still available from Honda should come with the strainer as well.
Thanks for the help! So as suspected, the strainers should match the petcocks as their heights can vary. I was about to order a complete SC33 petcock assembly (with strainer) thinking they'd me the same price as the SC28, but it's more than triple!

Might have to try and find a used OEM SC33 petcock and order a new SC33 strainer.

Now I know the SC33 petcock fits, thanks. I'm assuming you also had the SC33 strainer with the SC33 petcock on your SC28?
IanDoohan likes this.
dualheadlamps is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 Old 08-12-2019, 10:49 PM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 6,992
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101
                     
Garage
Re: Will SC33 Petcock fit SC28 Tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualheadlamps View Post
Thanks for the help! So as suspected, the strainers should match the petcocks as their heights can vary. I was about to order a complete SC33 petcock assembly (with strainer) thinking they'd me the same price as the SC28, but it's more than triple!

Might have to try and find a used OEM SC33 petcock and order a new SC33 strainer.

Now I know the SC33 petcock fits, thanks. I'm assuming you also had the SC33 strainer with the SC33 petcock on your SC28?
Yes I did.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome