Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2007 Blade O2 Sensor

552 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nigelrb 
#1 ·
Hi I live in Australia and have a 2007 CBR1000RR. It's a US Model I imported from New York. Recently it has started giving problems including running rough. The Aussie ones have o2 sensors so the ECU can monitor the fuel delivery and adjust if necessary. Has anybody had experience mounting a stock ECU and O2 sensor to a US model blade. I understand the US ones fuel system will be different and would like the bike to adjust the fuel delivery automatically. I'm trying to avoid buying a Dynojet or similar system to "trick" the factory ECU, as I'd rather the bike did it by itself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Hi, yes sorry, I did not include what market the bike was designed for, because, well, I don't know. I bought the bike from New York. It was basically brand new but it had a bad crash, been robbed for parts and had ridden less than 1,000 miles. It does not have the emmisions box like I've seen on the California models and has no HISS or O2 Sensor. Is there a non-California model for the rest of the States or is each state different? I believe it is severly overfueling and could even have a struck injector because it ran fine here for the first 30,000 miles, but in the last 6 months it is simply fouling set after set of brand new spark plugs. I was hoping an O2 sensor would help, but I removed the almost brand new set today, cleaned them and replaced them, but the bike once again wouldn't start, (was simply pumping too much fuel in) and the plugs again fouled.

#4 ·
I'm gonna guess if it doesn't have an o2 sensor than its a 49 state model. California has extreme emissions regulations, so they get a model with all sorts of emissions plumbing. All other states get the same bike. Other than that I can't help you, sorry.

#5 ·
I think because of the 'unknown' qualities of your bike, a professional needs to be seen.

In UK, Woolich Racing is highly respected for ECU programming/dyno/fault resolution etc. I just think you might be better off consulting such a company to get the right 'definitive' advice first up.

You are fortunate in that Woolich is Australian based. Perhaps start with looking here: Contact Woolich Racing

I should add that if you're reluctant to purchase the package, they will recommend a nearby service centre.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.