Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Ornerybear 
#1 ·
This was the last thread posted about earplugs and it's from the year 2003 https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/750-ear-plugs.html. I just think protecting our ears is something that people should talk about more. I only started wearing earplugs when I was diagnosed with mild tinnitus and hyperacusis back when I was part of an avant garde metal band in New York about 5-6 years ago. I didn't know the importance of hearing conservation because I was young and stupid. I used various kind of earplugs the past couple of years and now I use something like THIS from Big Ear. I chose this pair because I can use them in a lot of ways and they have interchangeable noise filters. Actually, it doesn't matter if what you use is cheap or expensive... The only thing that is important is that it works for you!

So my question here is...what kind of hearing protection do you use when riding?

#4 ·
I've only recently started to use ear plugs and have basic foam ones. I might upgrade later.

I am one who is more interested in my surroundings - and exhaust note:smile - but I have been amazed at the difference in wind noise cut. I should have made the change years ago!

#7 ·
always used EAR ones in the past, basic but ok, but for the last few years I've now been using Howard Leight yellow/red ones as per post #3 above. Buy in bulk and they are less than £0.10 a pair so no excuses not to use them really! Quick ebay search - 200 pairs (400 total) £19 so that is £0.095 a pair, or in real terms for the price of one pint of beer that 42 pairs!!! :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.