Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

swap cbr1000rr 08 engine to 2011

786 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jerry2019 
#1 ·
hey guys looking for some info on engine swap to newer one. would it be a straight bolt up

#2 ·
Yes, same frame and same engine.

The only thing to be aware of is that some 2011s had the C-ABS system. Whilst this does not affect the engine bolt in, there is difference in the battery location (by a few inches only) and also the undertray area above the rear wheel.

#4 ·
The 08s in particular suffered from burning oil. I'm not aware of crankshaft problems other than a reported 'whine' supposedly attributed to the clutch, but I am far from an expert.

I did have a 2011 up to 22,000 miles which I recently sold. The bike had no rattles or problems.

Sorry I can't offer more.

#7 ·
Re: cbr1000rr 08 power commander

okay guys I got a used two brother juice pro for my cbr1000rr 08, anyone have info on the installation and can you load maps?
Wow, that might be a bit technical for this forum - with respect to the long-standing members. I reckon you'd be better off communicating direct to Two Bros. There could well be some software you'd need for a full installation.:wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.