Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Clip-On Differences: 93-95 vs 96-97 vs 98-99 ?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Erling. 
#1 ·
They are all showing different part numbers. However they all use the same internal weights, bar ends, and hardware.

What is different about them? Rise? Angle? Internal fork mounting diameter?

Are they interchangeable? between 93-99?

Cheerio

#3 ·
When you say angle in which direction? Vertically or horizontally? Or both?

So when I read they made the riding position "10mm more upright" or whatever, can't remember exactly. Was it all in the clip ons and rear-sets? Or did they alter the positions where these items mounted to the frame?

Basically, can you get a 96-97 or 98-99 riding position on a 93-95 by swapping some parts? And vice versa? Or are there frame differences that make up the difference?

I noticed you mentioned the 98-99 was changed, but 96-97 is showing a different part number also?

Made some pictars to clarify my angle inquiry.

#6 ·
Come to think about it. My ´96 are different to next model in they are more massive in the inward ends. Making it possible to true them in a lathe and make 8mm threads for a lengthening long enough for the part of the brake/clutch leavers to be placed inward of the fork legs. My hands are a bit higher placed and there are more leveraged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.