Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Battery not charging and neutral

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Eileen 
#1 ·
So we have had a fee issues when hubbies bike came back from repairs. Have sorted most of them but still battling with the battery. It is a brand new battery but its charging is intermittent. What could cause this? We were on our first open road ride this afternoon, luckily we had a vehicle behind us too, but hubby ran out of fuel and then it wphldnt start again, jumped it from the vehicle and off we went. Hubby cannot get it on charge on bike, took out to charge at work tomorrow.

Then neutral, if the wheels are not rolling you cannot get it into neutral, so you have to put into neutral before you stop dead... Shop says that if revs are high on idle if wont go in. But his revs on idle are around 1000rpm

My bike on other hand, cbr600 also does not want to start if it stands for a few minutes after a ride, i will have to turn the throttle to get it going at startup. If it stands till next day its fine

HELP

#2 ·
when you say "its charging is intermittent"ly, I assume you have tested the charging circuit, or is this speculation? The workshop manual tells you how to test the charging circuit section 16-6 refers. Once you have results from a test you should then be able to pinpoint the problem. It will either be the Regulator Rectifier or the stator. the RR is reasonable common fault, but this can burn out the stator too. both are easy to replace.

#3 ·
So, i replaced rectifier, battery seems to be fine now, yesterday we took the clutch apart and saw that the Large ID clutch disc was not replaced by the workshop that did the gears, so we put that it.

The FI light is also gone, we first reconnected flappers etc and servo motor, but think the servo is faulty, so we built our own servo elimator and that's also gone

We also put his ols throttle body back as the one we put in had felt very lazy

I am so glad all this crap is sorted, hubby is smiling from ear to ear again and says his bike is what it was, but with a second gear

#5 ·
That's really great news for you both.

Now you can share some rides, feel the relief of accomplishment, and set your hearts on one or two of these:/forums/images/fireblades_toucan/smilies/tango_face_grin.png/forums/images/fireblades_toucan/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
If the weather just wants to give us some riding time, we had a short ride yesterday to take a test drive, now the holidays are on us and we can ride.

#11 ·
I think there might be recourse to the dealer on that. Presumably you'd only had it days before noticing this?

Sure, batteries aren't a warranty item, but electrics are by virtue of the fuse blowing.

Agree with Ian (above) about the pinched wire, but any problem arising from that should have been evident upon purchase/test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.