Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2019 CEL/EML Illuminated

912 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  ropp 
#1 ·
Hi all. New member here and just wondering if anyone can help with a problem ive encountered? I have a 2019 fireblade that is going to be my new track bike, ive removed all the road bodywork and lights. I then started the bike and have 2 CEL's illuminated on the dash. A long yellow one at the bottom of the dash, and the small one that normally comes on and goes off on start up. I then reconnected all the lights and the large yellow CEL across the bottom of the dash disappeared, but the small one remained. Disconnected the lights again and the large one came back on. Im just wondering if there is a way of getting the lights off using the dash menu, or do the these have to be 'coded' out, or is there something else I should remove, or an eliminator kit type thing that tricks the ecu into thinking the lights are all still fitted?
Thanks for your help

#2 ·
Not sure anyone here can help with that.

I have a 2018 SP2, but don't track and haven't disassembled to such a stage to get lights.

There is a sister forum run by the Motorcycle dot com group which has a few track riders who have converted the 2017 - 2019. One member in particular, RC45, is one of the most knowledgeable guys on these bikes.

I accept it's not 'protocol' to suggest another forum, but in the interest of pertinent help, you'll get your answer there.:wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.