Lesson learned, the cable was the problem.
A few weeks back I posted about my clutch cable almost being out of adjustment and I had just replaced it last summer. (limits)
I ended up finding my finding my old cable and to test it I put the two side by side.
Apparently I was sent the wrong cable and like a novice thing to do (which I am not) I didnt confirm fitment by lining them together the first time.
Anyhow, it turns out that I have a different cable then factory, along with different part numbers.
The new cable housing was about 1.5" shorter then factory, but the cable itself was only about .3" shorter then factory.
This is why I had so much freeplay.
Lesson learned. Check your parts before installing them to make sure you are using the right ones.