Rode to work for the second time - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 9:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Rode to work for the second time

Well, I just got into work this morning. This was the second time I have done this. The first time did not go so well.

My first experience doing this froze my ass off. I am sure that I will get frames from riders in the colder regions of the counrty. The first time was in February. 40 degrees not not seem that cold when I started out. 20 minutes into the ride my hands were completely numb. So numb that I had to stop three times to get the feeling back into them. A drive that usually takes 50 minutes in a cage took an hour and a half.

This morning drive was quite the opposite. The temp was 74 degrees and clear skies. What a beautiful ride. It took 45 minutes this morning. What a glorious ride. The one complaint was the horriffic pad that Honda calls a seat. I will be ordering a new sargent seat today. What a pain in the arse I have from that seat.

Boy I love my 954!!! What a bike.!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 10:04 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: Rode to work for the second time

Glad to hear you’re happy with the Blade, it's a great bike!!

From someone who's from the great white north 40 is still pretty cold especially if you’re on one of our 16 lane across open highways!!
post #3 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 10:12 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by colryn
Well, I just got into work this morning. This was the second time I have done this. The first time did not go so well.

My first experience doing this froze my ass off. I am sure that I will get frames from riders in the colder regions of the counrty. The first time was in February. 40 degrees not not seem that cold when I started out. 20 minutes into the ride my hands were completely numb. So numb that I had to stop three times to get the feeling back into them. A drive that usually takes 50 minutes in a cage took an hour and a half.

This morning drive was quite the opposite. The temp was 74 degrees and clear skies. What a beautiful ride. It took 45 minutes this morning. What a glorious ride. The one complaint was the horriffic pad that Honda calls a seat. I will be ordering a new sargent seat today. What a pain in the arse I have from that seat.

Boy I love my 954!!! What a bike.!!!

You should move to Australia and displace some of the **** we have here then. (Go on, strike up all you free livin hippies). The coldes it really gets here is about 50 deg F overnight, in the middle of winter. Ok, so it gets colder, but you don't often ride in the middle of the night in winter. Today was a nice 65 deg F or so in winter. Yehh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Three hours after riding to work and my arse still hurts. Man, what a POS seat. I just ordered a Sargent this morning. I hope it is better than the stock seat.

Last edited by colryn; 06-25-2004 at 11:36 AM. Reason: wrong seat
post #5 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 12:07 PM
dB

Quote:
20 minutes into the ride my hands were completely numb.
One word....heated grips!
post #6 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 12:34 PM

Yup....40 F is cold. You'll notice the diff. in the seat. After you get it you'll ride will take even longer because you won't want to get off.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 1:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGal
Yup....40 F is cold. You'll notice the diff. in the seat. After you get it you'll ride will take even longer because you won't want to get off.

It seems that sargent is a little backed up in the seat business. I was informed that it is going to take 4 weeks for delivery. I can suffer for a little longer. It's good to know that it will be well worth the wait.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 3:45 PM

Quote:
It seems that sargent is a little backed up in the seat business. I was informed that it is going to take 4 weeks for delivery. I can suffer for a little longer. It's good to know that it will be well worth the wait.
You might want to check the classifieds here,there are some sargent/corbin seats for sale,also ebay.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-25-2004, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo
You might want to check the classifieds here,there are some sargent/corbin seats for sale,also ebay.
Yeah, I checked the Classifieds and Bwhip has his for sale. It's a matching set and looks to be in perfect condition. Check with him...he's a decent guy too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page