Finally a riding weekend! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 1:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Finally a riding weekend!

Good weekend for me finally. It's been a rough year trying to get the bike on the road. Between work, weather, weddings, and travel I just haven't been able to find the time to ride. To compound the problem all that time away (and my silliness) drained the battery... HOWEVER, a full charge to the battery revived its life, a beautiful weekend and a new client back in my home city means the world is right again! Soooo....

Went for a nice, quiet ride yesterday with WyseOne (if he still reads here... ) and met his GF (lovely girl) who is new to biking. We'll have her on the MSF course soon enough! A bit of posing, saw a BEEEEEAUUUUTIFUL Ducati. Yum. Along with the regular riff-raff followed by some nice sites on the way back through downtown. This morning, got up and totally blew my 9am meet with WyseOne but not to worry, we were both awake in time for 12:30pm. hehe... So what's 3.5 hours late? Found some great ramps and thanks to a new set of Titanium pucks from WyseOne, I was able to be all squidly and left some sparkies. haha, I know, squidly, on public ramps to boot but it was fun. Jay, thanks man, I owe you. After this fun, we had a LONG boring ride out to meet Maci4Life... dude... you GOT to move closer to the city. That poor baby sitting in your garage... *sigh* Sorry, man, let me know if you need any help when the parts come in. Don't forget to wash the engine while you have the covers off. After shooting the chit with Maci for a while, I headed back for a local club BBQ... surprisingly I had a good, non-motorcycling time with them out by the pool. Some very interesting stories were told including Akshun's (another board) experience with a flaming katana. haha, Nothing like having your fuel tube come lose from the petcock, lighting on fire and spraying passing cars... apparently the dude was lighting cars on fire before he knew it... finally got pulled over and the fire out before the whole bike went up in a fireball. Crazy bastid dives on it with a sweatshirt to put it out... saves the whole bike without even damaging the fairings! Anyway, interesting stories. A quick ride home just in time to be 2 hours late for my dinner date with the GF... sooo.... that brings me to part 2...

Ok... so I negotiated a Friday night of motorcycling... begged my way to a Saturday morning of riding then laid down the law for 2 hours free to go watch a Faster screening tomorrow. Hmmm.... lets see... Friday night ran overtime (6 hours instead of 3)... then today turned out to be longer than I thought and missed dinner... and the faster screening tomorrow overlaps with some plans I had with her tomorrow.... I am *SSOOOOOO* in the dog house. Anyone have ideas how to save my ass here?
<---- her me ---->
If I don't get off here soon, I'll be

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 1:16 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Finally a riding weekend!

Would have posted 10-15 minutes earlier, but your verbose post precluded that! J/K...

As for being in the doghouse, get used to it - Mars/Venus, dontcha know?
post #3 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 1:37 AM Thread Starter

haha, my favourite quote on that is... "Men are from Earth, women are from Earth, DEAL with it!"

Oh boy... lights got turned out. I suppose that's a clue I should be in bed too. Dammit. Ok... I'll be back tomorrow. With everyone gone, I thoroughly expect only Bacchus and Chain to be posting.

Jordan H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 1:37 AM

I don't know exactly why, but some women REALLY dig flowers.

Insignificant Member
post #5 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
I don't know exactly why, but some women REALLY dig flowers.
The old "save your ass" solution! And it works! Usually...
post #6 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 2:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Anyone have ideas how to save my ass here?
<---- her me ---->
If I don't get off here soon, I'll be
"...Have you lost weight, honey?" "Why don't we go visit your mother next weekend?" "Nordstroms got a shoe sale going right now..." etc, etc.

Also, freq's flower suggestion is
post #7 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 12:54 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

Looks like you might have to devote some serious time to her to make up for that string of stuff ups.

Or another alternative could be giving her a love voucher book. But rather than buying an off the shelf version make one up yourself, with specific things that she will really like, you can also slip in a few things that you *really* like as well. But make sure you put stuff in there like, 'make b'fast in bed', 'devote an hour to her', '1hr massage', and the real clincher 'Veto a Ride and spend it with her' rather than just 'shag me silly' etc.

That should do the trick!

e.g.

http://www.chocolatefantasies.com/lovervoucher.htm
post #8 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 1:05 PM Thread Starter

Or perhaps I should just go for a ride...

Jordan H.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-27-2004, 3:17 PM

The love voucher sound like a winner.

I'm glad you got sometime to ride. Today the weather is great no threat of rain and everyone is out and I'm stuck in a car headed to a freakin wedding show.....whatever that is. Once I act up at the show I'm sure I'll be making some of thoes love vouchers.

I need a clone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page