Please Help !! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-05-2006, 9:51 PM Thread Starter
SPY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to SPY Send a message via MSN to SPY Send a message via Yahoo to SPY
Please Help !!

I have been working on this forever... I have done the searches and they have not helped me.

I bought LED blinkers front and back, and they stay on all the time, i searched this site and then went and bought some resistors (10watt/50 ohm)

Now i cant figure out how to wire them in so that my blinkers flash!

I dont know what to do can anyone please help me?

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-05-2006, 10:02 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Please Help !!

First - do you have all three wires hooked to the LED's? If so, disconnect the running lights. I don't think these lights are designed to be dual functioning.

On another note - And I'm not sure if this is your problem, but LED's have a positive and negative polarity, unlike a standard bulb. You could have them wired backwards.

Try working on one side of the bike at a time - not front then back. The blinkers work using a particular amount of resistance on each side, which is to some degree a circuit of it's own. Unhook the lights and start over. First I would hook a test light to the blinker wire and ground to the actual ground wire. Ignore the running light wire for now. Do one light at the time working from front to back. Once you get the front light hooked up, try it. It should blink extremely fast. Then perform the same job on the back. The lights should now blink normal.

Let us know how things turn out.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-06-2006, 6:22 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Buy a test light, see which front light is on with the key(running light), which flashes with the signal(signal light) and which one is ground. They need to be 3 wire in front to work properly. The resistor is to make them blink at a sane rate, not like a strobelight. There are ways out there to make 2 wire signals act like a 3 wire (stock style) one. If that is your problem.

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 6:43 AM Thread Starter
SPY

Send a message via AIM to SPY Send a message via MSN to SPY Send a message via Yahoo to SPY

No... I know what wires do what on the bike, my problem is that with all lights hooked up properly on the bike, when you turn on the turn signal (does not matter in which direction) it stays on constant until you push the cancel button. but if I also wire in two stock lights into the back WITH the LEDs they flash almost like normal (just a little faster). There are many aftermarket flasher relays you can buy but none work with the 954 cause the stock flasher unit is built into the gauge cluster. (the one i bought and took back worked for the 900RR,929RR and 1000RR but no 954RR sooo stupid!)

I have read other posts on here where people have had the same problem but never got back on and replied with what thier final fix was.

Some have said they wired 10 watt/50 ohm resistors in parallel with the back blinkers and said that worked for them. It seemed to not work for me unless i am wiring them wrong and i was hoping someone had a picture of how it was wired or at least a diagrm that they had drawn that they could share.

So as of right now i have the front LEDs wired in and the rear LED's and stock turnsignals wired together in the back and then wired to the bike. (stock turnsignals are taped up with electrical tape and stuffed in the trunk so you cant see them flash) and thats how i roll right now!
post #5 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 7:16 AM Thread Starter
SPY

here are some pics to help
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01279.JPG‎   DSC01277.JPG‎   DSC01273.JPG‎  
post #6 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 8:01 AM

Spy
did you get your lights to work?
How did you wire in that resistor? You might need some load resistors I bought some a while back from fendereliminators.net. And they worked to slow done the blinking. Of which I was told that, and found out,even though it looks like it constantly ON, its really flasing. But the naked eye cant tell the difference. Also I found a picture of how the resistor should be wired to the LED. If you need it just PM me.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Resistor Info here too: https://www.fireblades.org/forums/art...-rate-fix.html
post #8 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
SPY

Thanks Conq!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page