Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Electrical help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TomMac 
#1 ·
hey every 1 I need some help i have a honda cbr 600 f2 and I need to know how many volts shud be coming out of the alternator with the regulator disconnected and the bike running if any one know or can find out please let me know

#2 ·
The stator (or generator, but its not an alternator) has an open circuit voltage around 45 volts. If you redline the engine, you will be testing the stator's insulation with about 500 volts. That can blow your fingertips off if you touch it. The voltage from any two phases should be the same. When you hook it up to the regulator/rectifier, it will clamp all three down to about battery volts. Its a shunt type regulator. That means the power you don't use is shorted to the coil.

#3 ·
ok ill give you a rundown of what I need to know any why. I just got my Honda cbr 600 f2 and with in a week I was having a prob. I found out the the regulator was bad so I got another with in 2 days of riding it was doing it again so I checked the regulator that I just put in and that was now bad as well. I pulled the alternator (witch is what the service manual calls it) and I found out that a clip between the alternator and the regulator was melted the burnt to hell. I changed that out and I want to make shur that the alternator is still good. so id like to know when the bike is running if I take the 3 yellow wires off the regulator what amount of volts shud it be pushing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.