08 HAYABUSA EXHAUST HELP???? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-31-2007, 9:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

08 HAYABUSA EXHAUST HELP????

JUST BOUGHT AN 08 HAYABUSA AND IM SEARCHING NOW FOR EXHAUST, WHEN I BOUGHT THE BIKE THEY DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING IN STOCK, THE STOCK PIPES SOUND AMAZING AT AROUND 4 GRAND, BUT IM LOOKING TO OPEN IT IT UP MORE.I WAS TOLD THE I REALLY LIKE THE YOSHI CARBON RS-3 BUT IM SURE I WANNA SPEND THAT MUCH IMI RYING TO FIND OUT IF TH ALUM AND TITANIUM RS-3 SOUND THE SAME, IF SO ID GO WITH THE ALUM CAUSE ITS ABOUT $300 LESS THAN THE CARBON, IVE LOOKED AT VOO DOO AND OTHER SLASH CUT EXHAUST BAFFLES THAT END RIGHT UNDER THE FRONT PEGS BUT I HAVNT HEARD THEM YET???? I HAD A FULL TWO BROTHERS SYSTEM WITH CARBON FIBER MUFFLERS ON MY 06 RC-51, HAVENT SEEN OR HEARD TWO BROTHERS ON A BUSA, AND I KNOW MY BUSA WILL NEVER SOUND AS GOOD AS MY RC DID. ??FULL VS SLIP ON?? I KNOW A FULL SYSTEM HAS BIGGER POWER GAINS BUT DOES IT HAVE A LOUDER SOUND THAN JUST SLAPPIN ON SLIP ONS. WELL IF YOUVE READ THIS FAR WHAT IM TRYING TO FIND IS A PAIR OF SLIP ONS OR FULL SYSTEM THAT WILL GIVE MY BIKE A MORE THROATY, DEEPER, LOUDER TONE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME STILL SOUND TUNED AND NOT OBNOXIOUS?? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL IN MAKING MY DECISION
Attached Thumbnails
2008HayabusaOrangeStock.jpg‎   ORANGE BUSA.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-01-2008, 2:05 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: 08 HAYABUSA EXHAUST HELP????

CoOkIeMoNsTA, have you looked into the Brock Megaphone exhaust. Supposedly gets 200 hp with a good tune there is one on ebay, here is the link: eBay Motors: 08 Hayabusa Brock Davidson Street Megaphone exhaust (item 280186830173 end time Jan-01-08 19:01:21 PST)
post #3 of 9 Old 01-01-2008, 2:27 PM

Reputation Power: 37

58cycle Parts & Accessories Webstore

Check that link out.. It has all different kinds of examples of exhaust systems, it also has dyno of power gains for most of the exhaust systems as well.. ALot of Busa owners I know like the muzzy.. You can get the full system round canister for $558.95. I would try to go with the 4 in to 1 instead of the 4 in to 1 into 2 like is the stock setup.. I hear the power gains are better.. Good luck..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Reputation Power: 20

yeah that brock system is nice
post #5 of 9 Old 03-27-2008, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maholli View Post
58cycle Parts & Accessories Webstore

Check that link out.. It has all different kinds of examples of exhaust systems, it also has dyno of power gains for most of the exhaust systems as well.. ALot of Busa owners I know like the muzzy.. You can get the full system round canister for $558.95. I would try to go with the 4 in to 1 instead of the 4 in to 1 into 2 like is the stock setup.. I hear the power gains are better.. Good luck..
SO is there any sound difference between a slip on/bolt on and a full exhaust? On a Busa all i would care about is the sound anyway.. WOuldnt need more power, but what differences if any would be made besides 300-600 dollar difference in price..?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-28-2008, 11:40 AM

brocks will get you hp and a ticket, megaphones are all about performance and loud as hell. Muzzy are always good but i've only seen the new ones on Kaws, but i know the M10 is good power but also loud. I've always thought that yoshi was the best on the Zuks

PS. I'm mad as hell because that orange and black might be the sexiest color combo out right now and i want one.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 6:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelScrilla View Post
brocks will get you hp and a ticket, megaphones are all about performance and loud as hell. Muzzy are always good but i've only seen the new ones on Kaws, but i know the M10 is good power but also loud. I've always thought that yoshi was the best on the Zuks

PS. I'm mad as hell because that orange and black might be the sexiest color combo out right now and i want one.
i went with the m4s and they sound amazing
post #8 of 9 Old 04-20-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMBlackBlade View Post
the best results I have had on the dyno was using hindle heathers and an akrapovic can!!
with mapping and airbox mods 187.2 RW BHP on a 2004 busa (more than one in that kinda range)
i wasnt really looking for power, more so better sound, real deep and throaty
post #9 of 9 Old 04-20-2008, 1:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMBlackBlade View Post
it does sound goog too!!!
stick to carbon fibre if you want deep sound
WHY DO YOU SAY THAT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page