How to add full exhaust to 929? What do you do with the wires for exhaust valves? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-17-2008, 1:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Send a message via Yahoo to curt248
How to add full exhaust to 929? What do you do with the wires for exhaust valves?

I just bought a full exhaust for my 929. I also just finished taking off the old exhaust.

I have one question. What do you do with the exhaust gas control valve (EGCV) that were on the original exhaust. Do you disconnect the wires somehow? If so, will that give an error code the next time I ride? Where do the wires go and where do you disconnect them? The wires seem to go up the left side of the bike.

Please help!

I want to ride with the new exhaust, but I not with that silly valve hanging under the bike.

I do have a powercommander III usb that I just installed as well. I have a map for my exhaust too if that makes a difference.

Last edited by curt248; 05-17-2008 at 2:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-17-2008, 8:49 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: How to add full exhaust to 929? What do you do with the wires for exhaust valves

FIRST:follow those wires to the servo ( it goes to inderneath the tank/seat area on the left hand side of the bike) then use a marker to mark the position of the servo gear. you can then unbolt the servo and remove those cables by twisiting the gear one way for one wire then the other way for the last one. when you bolt the servo back on, align the marking you made and you're good to go. if you don't line it up then you'll get your FI light come on and stay on when riding.

P.S i removed the cables first off the servo then i pulled the exhaust off so that the cables are still attached to the valves.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-17-2008, 9:43 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Re: How to add full exhaust to 929? What do you do with the wires for exhaust valves

Yup, what MAC said. Only I didn't have to remove the white servo motor to get the cables off, I was able to reach in there and turn it a bit. But, like he said, mark the original position and turn it back to there, otherwise you'll have the FI light on all the time.

I did the same, I removed the cables from the servo, and when I removed the exhaust, they stayed attached to the exhaust, coming off with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-17-2008, 9:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll go and try it.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-17-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Do I have to unbolt the tank or take off the seat?
post #6 of 12 Old 05-18-2008, 8:22 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I have the same issue I get the FI light and code 34 some one put a full exhaust on with a power commander I guess they didn't line the servo up correct what can I do now to get rid of the light
post #7 of 12 Old 05-18-2008, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt248 View Post
Do I have to unbolt the tank or take off the seat?
Nope, you should be able to see it from the left side of the bike. See where the front of your seat and the tank intersect? Go nearly straight down, and look just below the frame...you'll see it. I thought it was white, but mine is actually a silvery color.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-18-2008, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene1e View Post
I have the same issue I get the FI light and code 34 some one put a full exhaust on with a power commander I guess they didn't line the servo up correct what can I do now to get rid of the light
You can try turning the servo in small increments until the light goes out. Worth a try.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-18-2008, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Ok I finally got it. Good idea on marking the position of the servo (wheel). I used white out. Now it looks like it came from the junk yard. lol.

I rode a bit with the new pipe and powercommander map from two brothers and there is a surge at 2500 rpms. It kinda sucks since when I used the map for the D&D slip on, the surge was gone. It was electric.

The new pipe and map are electric from 2500 up though. It seems like it made a pretty big difference. I feel like I have more power everywhere. It really gets up to speed effortlessly. It really seems to have less stress on the engine.

I think I'll try to mimic a map for a different full system that came straight from the powercommander website. I'll just mimic the map at the rpms around the surge at 2500. Anyone else try this? Wish me luck.

I haven't been able get on it hard yet, since my rear tire is so worn out that it spins under hard acceleration (a new tire will be here tomorrow). I can't wait to see how it pulls at wot.

Oh yeah. I can hear myself think now with the non D&D exhaust.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
Yup, what MAC said. Only I didn't have to remove the white servo motor to get the cables off, I was able to reach in there and turn it a bit. But, like he said, mark the original position and turn it back to there, otherwise you'll have the FI light on all the time.

I did the same, I removed the cables from the servo, and when I removed the exhaust, they stayed attached to the exhaust, coming off with it.

my hands and fingers weren't small enough to get in there and remove the cables.
post #11 of 12 Old 05-30-2008, 8:30 AM
saf

Reputation Power: 15

Send a message via MSN to saf

Anyone actually run a resistor setup and got rid of the servo motor all together ?.

Saf - | SP-2 | 929RR Stunt/Race | 1000RR Superbike #181 |
post #12 of 12 Old 05-30-2008, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf View Post
Anyone actually run a resistor setup and got rid of the servo motor all together ?.
Many have tried, none have succeeded. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page