Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Mirrors

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cbr900091177 
#1 ·
Am I the only one on here slightly pissed off with the mirrors, no matter how I place them there is always a lovey picture of my elbows filling half of the mirrors. I just find it annoying, dont know what it must be like for some of you larger guys

#5 ·
There are some mirror risers (basically machined blocks) that extend the view of your mirrors therefore meaning you see more than just your elbow...

Haven't heard about them for a while but they are probably still around

#6 ·
What I dont understand is why they dont make mirrors that work properly, I mean they go to all that trouble to make they best bike there is but piss with the mirrors. In the city or town you would be twisting every couple of mins to make sure your ok. Not all of my bikes have had such crap mirrors

#7 ·
I set them up so i cant ever see behind me, i get full on view of lanes on either side of me tho. I dont care whats directly behind me, only whats behind and beside... But if i move my head out i can catch whats in my tail wind. Plus, shoulder checks are always better than using the mirrors imo.

#10 ·
many years ago some muppet in a car nearly rear ended my mate who was on his bike waiting at a zebra crossing the only reason it didnt happen was my mate saw the car wasnt goin to stop in time in his mirror and pulled away out of danger ,so imho its worth knowing whats behind you ,also could be the plod wanting to ticket you for doing a few mph over the limit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.