small town cops or small town crooks...either way my FTP rant! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 9:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378
small town cops or small town crooks...either way my FTP rant!

got a ticket for my license plate mount $54 for being mounted vertically

before you guys think that i got a break from speeding, no that its not the case. i was riding to work 8am wearing full gear and obeying the posted speed limit, absolutely no foolish behavior on my part. clean driving record and all. to add insult to injury i was only going to work for a meeting that i missed the day prior "3min late and they wouldnt let me in" the particular manager hosting that meeting gets off on being a tool...so here i am late again because of some prick cop who's wife probably made his goofy a$$ sleep on the couch feels like being a jerk...lucky for me the manager hosting the meeting was understanding and let me in late.

i spend every day at work watching these guys from my window set up a trap right by the dmv entrance to catch people who are late on there inspection, what better place to set up shop! right in front of the dmv, anyway i got the ticket for unclear plates nj statute 39:3-33 where it does say on a automobile it has to be horizontal and it has a specific paragraph for motorcycles and does not state specifically that it needs to vertical just in plain sight and clean enough to read. i cant even count all the bikes i see with plates mounted vertically mostly harleys and choppers. heck ive even been followed in 4 other towns without getting pulled over for it. what pisses me off even more is that all day i watch bikes pass with guys with helmets that are not legal "brain buckets" and they dont get nicked! even was questioning me about my led blinkers and tail if they are d.o.t. approved. i told the J O that they were better than d.o.t. and they make me more visible so he dont have to scrape me off the road with shovel cause some retard in a car doesnt see me and mows me down.

the officers excuse for the ticket was basically bull, i couldnt easily read it if i was in pursuit of you or if you tried to flee. if i tried to evade him reading my plate would be the least of his concerns. he wouldnt get that close even if it was mounted on a factory fender mount. im normally not the type but yeah if im riding with a purpose over 100mph and i pass a speed trap that gives chase i am out like a fat kid playin dodgeball. not that im into pursuits, i get out of site than head opposite direction or find a parking garage to hide in

had to blow off some steam...now im off to go listen to some bob marley and twist something up while i damn the man from the safety of my couch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: small town cops or small town crooks...either way my FTP rant!

You didn't mention why you have it mounted vertically, is there some reason for it?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

to keep tail clean looking. pics in my gallery it sticks out on the right by the tire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 12:47 AM

Reputation Power: 12

That is terrible. I have a my license plate vertical on my VFR because the Corbin "hard bags" beetle bags they sell for sport bikes comes with a new tail. And it’s made to fit vertical???

Get an attorney! and call AMA!
post #5 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Sorry dude, but it looks pretty obvious why they pulled you for that :-)

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 9:01 PM

Reputation Power: 0

I'm guessing you live near the ocean. I lived in Huntingtn Beach, Ca. for 10 years, and let me tell you the cops were absolutely RUTHLESS. My roomate and I had a corkboard on the wall and I honestly can't remember a time when there wasn't a ticket from one/ both of us pinned on it ( we would laugh at each other's chikensh*t tickets). We both moved to Vegas in 2002 and it's so weird... neither of us has had a ticket since then...
post #7 of 7 Old 09-21-2008, 9:15 PM Thread Starter

yup im right on the coast, i could walk to the beach and there is a lot of tourist traffic and a very popular track for horse racing that brings rediculous amounts of people in the area like nyc and north jersey all summer long. most every ticket ive ever received was for something totally rediculous like a headlight or burnt out tail bulb. there really isnt too much crime in the area either so im guessing boredom is a possibility for the constant traps they set up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page