Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Upgrades

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  bladeracer 
#1 ·
As most of you know i will be taking the bike apart this winter and doing some necessity ‘s and niceties. Besides haveing it ported, polished and a valve job done is there anything else you would sugjest while I have the bike apart?
I have a full Yoshi pipe and power comander.
Also any sugjestions for the chain and sprocket. Their are so many different comboes out there i dont know what to go with.
Are the aluminum any good?

#4 ·
I went with +2 in the rear, which is awesome, not too much change, but it is noticable. I might go down 1 in the front because I hear good things about how much snap it can put into it. IMHO, I prefer the snap down low because I will almost never use the top end as high as these bikes are capable of. The sprocket I used was black, AFAM hardened aluminum. I only have about 1k miles on it, but so far it's great. I hear you can't go wrong with AFAM, Renthal, and SuperSprox. Vortex is out there a lot, but I've heard they like to wear out quick because the aluminum isn't really hardened like the other. Of course everything is just hear say from me. Good luck with your upgrades.

#5 · (Edited)
As most of you know i will be taking the bike apart this winter and doing some necessity ‘s and niceties. Besides haveing it ported, polished and a valve job done is there anything else you would sugjest while I have the bike apart?
I have a full Yoshi pipe and power comander.
Also any sugjestions for the chain and sprocket. Their are so many different comboes out there i dont know what to go with.
Are the aluminum any good?
like jesse954 said up 2 in the back and down 1 in the front isn't a bad combo. I run that same setup with vortex aluminum sprockets on my bike and don't have any complaints or problems. As far as upgrades, have you thought about velocity stacks? I don't have them on my bike yet but i hear good things from all my buds who have them.

#7 ·
-1/+2 is great. I also have the velocity stacks but it was on the bike when I bought it so I have no idea what they did. Probably need a higher lift cam to get their full potential anyway.

Do you have a steering dampner? If not that is a must.
Of course I have a dampner!! I just rebuilt it a week ago.

I found some V stacks for 250 I may have to check into that a little more.
Are they realy worth it?

#14 ·
you c that is more like it. thanks
Personally, I'd put your money into track time and leave the bike stock. What you'll learn on the track will make you much faster and safer regardless of what bike you're on or how much the dyno indicates.

#18 ·
91C seems on the high side of normal, although 100C and the fan coming on is normal when you're stuck in traffic.

The radiators are different as the 1000RR is significantly narrower and deeper, so I'd expect you'd need to fabricate mounting brackets for it.
I want to put one on my GSXR1000.

Attachments

#19 ·
The original owner said they were Factory Pro V stacks.

Honestly other than an exhaust to make it sound good and a dampner to make it "safer" I would leave it alone. I would like to get the suspension set-up for my weight though because it does dive a bit under even light breaking.

#21 ·
After you run some tests if it shows you do need to lift the head then it makes sense to tidy it up while you're in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.