wheelie school - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

wheelie school

After having a break from biking i bought a ducati 900 sport had that for 10 months then bought the bike I should have. A 1995 blade which i have just had dynojetted and is now making 125bp. Ive got to do proper controlled wheelie before im too old or my wife makes me sell it so Im wondering if anyone knows of a wheelie school In the Merseyside/Cheshire area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-09-2011, 6:54 PM

Re: wheelie school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondo View Post
After having a break from biking i bought a ducati 900 sport had that for 10 months then bought the bike I should have. A 1995 blade which i have just had dynojetted and is now making 125bp. Ive got to do proper controlled wheelie before im too old or my wife makes me sell it so Im wondering if anyone knows of a wheelie school In the Merseyside/Cheshire area?
There is no such thing as a "wheelie school" to my knowledge. And I wouldn't pay for one if there was one. I put up a post about doing wheelies on this thread.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/how...heelies-2.html

I know this is not really the site where a lot of stunters hang out, you might want to check out stuntlife dot com. There's a lot of stunt talk there. But just so you know, I had a 1995 900 myself (purple/green on black), and that bike does not have a rear oil pickup. Honda didn't put it into the rear until 1996. Sorry, ya missed the better wheelie motor by 1 year. If you wheelie to long, I think it's the #3 cylinder, will go dry and lock up the motor. I used to wheelie that bike for no more then about 20 seconds. Ya really don't want to blow the motor doing a wheelie. If you want to do wheelies, any newer bike (f4i, 96 and up 900, any R1, 98 and up gsxr) shouldn't have the oil pickup problem. My brother had a 1993 and worked with some guys who did good welding and had the oil pickup modified so that the bottom was sealed off and there was like a piece that came out and picked up the oil from the rear of the case. (If you actually take off the pick up and crankcase, you'll see what I mean.) But check out that other site for more info on stunting. And don't get an R1. They are the worst bikes to stunt. Week metal, pegs can break off when your wheeling, subframe is welded to the frame so it it breaks off, your screwed! Rear break can go out when it gets to hot. Honda's are kick ass from a stunt point of view, but not all of them. #1 stunt bike, cbr929, no question. Stay away from Yamaha's all together, they suck for stunting/wheeling. I'd stay away from all kawi's except 636's are good. GSXR's are pretty good too. CBR1000's have the passenger's peg in a weird spot for wheeiles. But in the end, ya really want a 929/954 for stunting. Especially the 929 10-12+ in the rear! Can't go wrong with that bike! Have fun! And be safe!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-09-2011, 8:20 PM

Reputation Power: 37

I mean come on, wheelie school.. If u gotta ask how to wheelie then maybe u shouldnt try.. just sayin... and just an FYI..
Ride safe too..

site rules..

We have no tolerance for street stunters, street racers, or anyone else who gives motorcyclists a bad image. There are proper places for that type of thing, and a public street isn't one of them. Posting material which could reasonably be construed as celebrating or defending these types of activities will cause you to be flamed, and will probably cause you to be banned. Further, even if done in a controlled environment, FireBlades.org is not the place to discuss stunting tips, tricks, or techniques. There are plenty of other sites that cater to stunting, so please take those types of discussions elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-15-2011, 2:55 PM Thread Starter

With regards to the above comments. I am not an irresponsible adult. I dont stunt on the roads. it is just something Id like to learn to do. Thanks for the advice anyway.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-15-2011, 5:01 PM

Reputation Power: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondo View Post
With regards to the above comments. I am not an irresponsible adult. I dont stunt on the roads. it is just something Id like to learn to do. Thanks for the advice anyway.
I don't think these people understood the question, perhaps their culture / understanding is different.

There are quite a few Wheelie Schools in England, just Google for them.
These centres are the correct place to go to learn how to do it, there are different techniques and they are OFF road centres for people to have fun & control their bikes safely and legally.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-15-2011, 5:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

My friend did one, not sure where it was but I can find out.. He realy enjoyied it. Using there bikes, I think they were 600 bandits from memory.. Hes trying to get me to go back with him in the next couple of months. Think it was 90 for the day and was good fun

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page